I'm new. Please give me attention so I can feel better as a human being.

NerdiestNerder

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pahaw105
Switch Friend Code
SW-3271-4243-4054
The title was sarcastic. You knew that, right?
----
But yes, I am new to the forum, and I would like some advice.

I'm getting ahead of myself first. Let's review my Splatoon history. I bought Splatoon for Wii U pretty much the second it came out, and found myself loving splat rollers. I played the heck out of that game until I moved on to other games, every once in a while binge playing the game all night.

One unfortunate day, I had an accident with the splat roller that I wish not to remember. After that moment, I became a charger, starting the Gamers Against Splat Rollers (GASR). We have one member (me).

When the Switch came out, I decided to get Breath Of The Wild instead of Splatoon 2, and I guess the game just got away from memory. After BotW, I got Mario Odyssey, the MK8D, then Arms (a terrible investment), then Stardew Valley.

One day, I pulled out Splatoon 1 and played a few rounds, remembering just how fun the game was. All of a sudden, I had a craving for the sequel. But, before I buy it, I have one question...

IS IT WORTH IT?

I have Splatoon 1, and since the online feature is still up, is it even worth buying the sequal right now? Since I assumed most of you have both games, I would like to know if the second is that much better than the first one.

Personally, I'm excited for it for two reasons.

1. The Salmon Run thingy: For the life of me, I couldn't remember the name, just that it had Salmon in it. Did I get it right? I'm excited about this because I have a younger sibling who loves things like this, and I would be super excited to bond with him over this. How is this mode?

2. This forum. I never got into the whole "friend" aspect of Splatoon 1. I think I only played with my online friends once or twice, though those times were the most fun I had ever had on this game. I think with this forum and its discord, I have a good chance of always having someone to play with. (SW-3271-4243-4054) I'm really excited about this.

Anyways, please tell me if Splatoon 2 is a big improvement. Also, is Splatoon 2 compatible with a Joy-Con on its side, so I can have 2-player multiplayer with only 2 joy-cons? (How many times did I just put the number 2 in this paragraph?)

With that said, I'm excited, and please reach out to me if you want to play Splatoon 2 when (or if) I get it. I cannot wait until it is I who welcome the newcomers after me!

Orion

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8505-0199-9402
Hi yea splatoon 2 is a great improvement over splatoon. I think just about everything about it is an improvement.Salmon run is actually a lot of fun and even better with friends also splatoon is single player only they don’t have a local multiplayer mode like in the original so yea

Last edited by a moderator:

NerdiestNerder

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pahaw105
Switch Friend Code
SW-3271-4243-4054
Thanks for the link! Also, it's nice to see that Splatoon 2 isn't just another Switch port from the Wii U. Am I the only annoyed about the hype over MK8D and other Wii U ports, even though they were HATED on their Wii U counterparts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom