• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm pretty bad. Solo is boring. Want people to play and improve with.

AaronTooNerdy

Inkling
Hey. I'm Aaron, and the title pretty much says it all. I'm currently garbage rank and I try to play Rollers and Brushes (I have no clue if Inkbrush or Octbobrush is better.)

Solo is boring. I want people to play and improve with. I also stream me being bad at Splatoon sometimes.

Anyways, anyone up for grouping with me?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You try any other weapon types? Maybe find your weapon in turf then jump back into ranked.

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
I recommend the Tentatek, it's an all around good weapon for any situation, but I also suggest you experiment with every weapon type, who knows a blaster, roller, or brush might be what you're good with.

If you wanna squad though I could possibly do some twins with you when I'm available.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
What I used to do was copy a list of all weapons into random.org and play whichever one it told me. It was quite depressing when I got all the rapid blasters seemingly in a row early on, but there were some good moments, and I found weapons like the splattershot pro, which I tried once and didn't like beforehand, but upon playing the whole night with it, got a lot better and figured out how to utilise it as a support weapon. This isn't the best idea I'm sure, certain weapons can be rubbish for certain map rotations, and honestly most of the time early on I got destroyed, but when I figured out how to use the weapon I got quite good, with most of them. This was a while ago though, I don't think I'd hold a candle with certain ones now, not without a lot of practice.

leaky buoy

Inkling
NNID
leakybuoy
Hey there. I'm pretty garbage too, well sometimes. Some days I can manage to pull off a good play but i'm getting pretty bored playing solo too! If you wanna group up sometime, i'd be more than happy too!!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
The best thing I can say to ranking up quickly is to find the weapon you play best with.

This can be any weapon in the game, it could be your favorite asthetic of a weapon. It could be your least favorite weapon, but you learn how to use it.

And once you realize that, pick a playstyle that benefits a team. Basically: Defence, Support, Flanker, Frontline Assault, etc. This should help you know what weapon you want to play the most.

And if you already found the weapon of your dreams, practice it until you master the weapon. Know it's properties (Damage output, turf required for a special, what gear compliments it best, what conditions do you want to be in to use the weapon to it's fullest)

I hope this helped.

Luka Puka

Inkster Jr.
NNID
three3musketeers
I would group up with you but I don't know if you want an A+/S rank. Usually when you're with an S or even an A+, you get grouped with a ton of people of higher rank than you. But I guess that's the only way to improve, right? - play against people who are more skilled?

NNID is three3musketeers if interested. Solo gets tedious over time and I'd like another person to squad with as well. :D

(Recently got to S 30 but I could drop to A+ playing solo ranked anytime soon bc carried tbh...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom