• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm worried about this game's future.

Are you also worried?

• No, I don't care about possible future installments.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I am worried.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • No, but I think this game will do fine.

Votes: 52 96.3%

• Total voters

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Pretty much, yeah. So while we won't have any l33t team tournaments for the first few months, we can, in fact, enjoy games with friends online.
Oh okay, phew! Hopefully they decide to release the friend lobbies sooner rather later, but I'll definitely enjoy teaming up or crushing friends every other round.

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
I believe they said Team Lobbies would be coming out in August, along with custom games. Not a huge fan of that, but I guess better late than never.

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
Highly doubt this game will flop because of the lack of voice chat. We're not talking Sonic Boom comments on the Sonic facebook page here, this game will be a winner. Hopefully nintendo does add the feature at some point for the people who want it.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
I think sales will be fine, it's hard for me to find someone I know who has a Wii U and doesn't plan on getting it. And as far as a community, big isn't always better, as long as the community is positive and active, which is what I've tended to see so far. And I honestly doubt it'll be small anyway.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I am definitely frustrated with the lack of voice chat and other basic online features that have been around since 2006. Probably earlier. However, I do believe the game will do fine, probably not the greatest due to many people avoiding it, but it will do fine.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The game isn't even out yet. I see no reason to worry about future installments. Splatoon already has a considerably big following, it is rare for a new IP to attract so many fans before it is even released. I am fairly confident Nintendo isn't going to kill the series after Splatoon (1).

Also, people who are boycotting this game because of a pointless feature like voice chat are better staying away from Splatoon, anyway. Hopefully voice chat is still absent in future installments in the series :^)

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
a new IP coming out when nintendo is doing the worst it has in almost 10 years? it probably wont do amazing, but its coming out during a drought of wii u releases and looks like one of the most creative and exciting games coming out in an exhausted genre, as well as nintendos first endeavor into it. it will probably sell really well among wii u owners and be noted as a must have on the system, but sell abysmally in comparison to other shooters on other consoles

however, nintendo usually continues making games that they loves and fans love, but might not always get sales, which is why games like pikmin share shelf space with mario

and honestly, when the missing voice chat feature is the biggest complaint people have with the game, don't you think that means the game itself is great?

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
VC is kind of unnecessary when matches don't last longer than 5 minutes, then the teams just get shuffled afterwards. Splatoon is so fast paced you wouldn't be able to hang back start plotting for an assault, and the objectives in each match are so simple that the most you could do is try to alert others where enemies are, which someone can already do themselves if they're looking at how territory is shifting on the Game Pad.
If you need way more speaking options than the DPad commands chances are you're trying to make Splatoon into something it's not, or are just wasting time.
Also please remember they intentionally left VC out because of all the negative things it does to a game, anyone who plays a FPS with VC knows how much trash talking happens compared to the amount of legitimate strategizing. Plus kids will be playing this game, they don't need to get cussed out by angry adults, or other kids really.
Lastly if you're playing with friends, Skype is right there.

Anyway splatoon will be fine, the question is who's waiting until august to buy it.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Don't be worried. Like others have said, these complaints are being made about one or more little things like the voice chat issue, not the game itself. Every time I see these complaints people are generally saying they think Splatoon would be a great game but are very turned off by a lack of voice chat.

Don't pay attention to people saying they will boycott because of one reason. They are a minority and will make absolutely no difference in the grand scheme of things.

The criticisms are just that though, criticisms and they should be welcomed if you ever do want to see stuff like voice chat. It's understandable. It's 2015. Other systems have voice chat freaking integrated into the system, being able to make a private room to chat without even having to go into the same game, like Xbox's party system. Yet Nintendo doesn't want to include it in one that would actually benefit from it. I understand the frustration.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
The people complaining about lack of voice chat are the ones I wouldn't want to play with anyways. They always turn out to be the most obnoxious, whether it be mic spamming or whining. There's no reason not to use Skype/Mumble/Teamspeak since you give access to only the people you want and can filter as you please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom