Importance of practice before matches

AMICADO

Inkling
Pronouns
squid/kid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4500-3675-5518
Before you play, if it’s been more than a few hours since last match, you NEED to practice. Or if you’re switching weapons. And I don’t mean go into recon mode and play out every possible encounter. All I mean is spend a minute in the training room with your weapon, and then play a practice match or two of Anarchy Open so you can get into the groove. This is INCREDIBLY important so that you will A, be able to get used to that specific weapon, and B, get used to reacting and playing and aiming and that jam. And then you can shred all the nerds in Series who didn’t practice.

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Practice all you want. As for me I'm going straight into the deep end. Also, don't tell people what to do or how to play.

Reactions: Mp3

AMICADO

Inkling
Pronouns
squid/kid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4500-3675-5518
It’s a tip, dude. It’s a recommendation, advice for improvement. At least I find that when I play a few practice matches before a series I do much better.

Mx_Diva

Cephalospinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I just follow the saying. "You gotta touch it up, before you [CENSORED] 'em up".

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i practice a bit before playing but i need a better routine. i think part of it is i need to be more intentional about setting aside time to warm up, but i know my aim drills are getting stale and not helping me much. anyone have any tips? (still a dualiebot but i'm learning wiper and, begrudgingly(/j), splash)

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
i practice a bit before playing but i need a better routine. i think part of it is i need to be more intentional about setting aside time to warm up, but i know my aim drills are getting stale and not helping me much. anyone have any tips? (still a dualiebot but i'm learning wiper and, begrudgingly(/j), splash)
I don't really do practice drills at this point but when I did I would make sure I'd do them consistently for some amount of time every day / at least every time I'd play for a little while. How much time should depend on how long you think you want to do them before it becomes boring or starts feeling tedious. This should still be fun to some degree.

Something that I know helps a lot of people is standing in the middle of all those training dummies, closing your eyes, holding left or right on your right stick for a bit, opening your eyes, and trying to aim at and kill the closest training dummy to your reticle without missing. For other people I've heard choosing a Shooter, locking your reticle on the faster-moving dummy in the lobby, and trying to keep your reticle marked on the dummy as they move back and forth. In both cases try standing in slightly different spots every time you do this so it doesn't turn into muscle memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom