In-depth explanation for Clam Blitz?

Addict[ion]

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6092-7378-5415
I've had the game for a few weeks now, and honestly, this is really the only mode that I truly do not understand. I tried it out for the first time some weeks ago, and I was truly confused. xD

I know one true question I have is why the firing rate is limited? Or I think it was anyway? Everything else? I'll uh... read the rules again I suppose. But the firing rate really makes it much harder on me to make any type of solid strategy...

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Reading through this page should give you most everything you need to know.

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Clam_Blitz

In Clam Blitz, you are collecting clams, these will be your means of gaining points. The goal of the game is the throw clams into the basket on the opposing team's side. However in order to begin scoring points, your team must first break the basket using a Power Clam. Power Clams are obtained when any given player gets 10 clams. The player holding the Power Clam must get to the enemy basket and throw the Power Clam into the basket by pressing A, additionally clams and Power Clams can be throw to other players if needed. After that is done, anybody on your team can throw in normal clams or Power Clams, normal clams give 3 points and Power Clams give 20 points. The basket will only be open for 10 seconds, any clam thrown in will add 1 second and a Power Clam will reset it back to 10 seconds.

Note that having a Power Clam makes to visible to everybody, however any less than 10 clams and you can remain invisible. Unlike a Rainmaker, you are not inhibited in any way by having clams or a Power Clam, you can move, jump, and even Super Jump as per usual. Super Jumping in particular can greatly aid in advancing right next to an enemy's basket.

Game will be decided by whoever has the lowest score by the end. However Clam Blitz has a notoriously long Overtime, if the opponent has a Power Clam on the field, Overtime will be in play.

Last edited:

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Reading through this page should give you most everything you need to know.

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Clam_Blitz

In Clam Blitz, you are collecting clams, these will be your means of gaining points. The goal of the game is the throw clams into the basket on the opposing team's side. However in order to begin scoring points, your team must first break the basket using a Power Clam. Power Clams are obtained when any given player gets 10 clams. The player holding the Power Clam must get to the enemy basket and throw the Power Clam into the basket by pressing A, additionally clams and Power Clams can be throw to other players if needed. After that is done, anybody on your team can throw in normal clams or Power Clams, normal clams give 3 points and Power Clams give 10 points. The basket will only be open for 10 seconds, any clam thrown in will add 1 second and a Power Clam will reset it back to 10 seconds.

Note that having a Power Clam makes to visible to everybody, however any less than 10 clams and you can remain invisible. Unlike a Rainmaker, you are not inhibited in any way by having clams or a Power Clam, you can move, jump, and even Super Jump as per usual. Super Jumping in particular can greatly aid in advancing right next to an enemy's basket.

Game will be decided by whoever has the lowest score by the end. However Clam Blitz has a notoriously long Overtime, if the opponent has a Power Clam on the field, Overtime will be in play.
Actually, Power Clams give 20 points instead of 10. In addition, you gain a swim speed boost when holding a power clam and your teammates get a certain amount of special every second. Clams or Power Clams disappear from the stage after ten seconds from being dropped, and you cannot pick up an enemy power clam. After a clam basket closes, the penalty for on that basket is equal to the number of clams that have been thrown into the basket. If you threw a Power Clam and then 6 clams into the basket, the penalty would be 16. Also, once a basket closes, it will drop a Power Clam for that team so they can get back into the game.

Clams that are in your ink also show up on your map and field of vision.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
The two that have already posted got most of the mechanics right, but they both got some numbers wrong, so I won't say anything that's already been said, just corrections.

The basket stays open for 9 seconds once broken, and each clam thrown in adds 2.25 seconds (still a maximum of 9 seconds). A power clam resets the timer.

After the barrier closes, the penalty score is equal to half the points you scored in the entire blitz, rounded down. If you only scored 20 points, the penalty is 10. If you score 47 points, the penalty is 23.

Addict[ion]

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6092-7378-5415
This is a bit over my head at the moment, I’ll probably have to study this over the weekend before I fully understand it! (The weekdays are a bit busy for me. :p)

Addict[ion]

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6092-7378-5415
Something I STILL do not understand - why is firing rate limited? Does anyone know? No one answered this question... And then I noticed that, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, and I just do not understand why. It's really frustrating, because it's causing me to get my *** handed to me back and forth. I'm just gonna stick with what I was already doing before, and that's avoiding this mode, because it literally makes no sense to me. AND I left mid-match. Don't really care if I get banned.

Edit: I did get banned, but like I said, don't really give a ****. At least make a mode that makes sense...

Edit: Realised this might be a controller problem...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom