• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink Colors discussion.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
This is a thread to discuss ink colors, it doesn't have to focus on colors you want in the game, and it can be ranked colors or turf war colors you wish were actually in other modes, so on... or just talk about ink colors in general.

I really wish that light blue locked only to single player was a color you could get, along with a lot of the splatfest only colors from all regions (milk tea off-white was really nice to see, but we never got it.)
There's a lot of colors I wish were in the game, but aren't.
Perhaps they'll be in Spla2n if that ever happens.

I would also like to personally see perhaps a pastel green and purple. Pastel ink in general is worth it.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
there is a pastel purple and green, hoever they are only in ranked and not even combined with eachother
id love to see the return of the christmasy-red that we had for one splatfest (i didnt participate)
it was kind of a pinkish hue, but it was still really pretty
i just want all the splatfest ink colours to return in one way or another haha~

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
As mentioned before, I would really love the milk tea color to be a normal / common color in turf wars. Seeing all the splatfest colors in general so they don't go to waste would be great, but I know it's not going to happen since they're not doing updates for splatoon anymore. Sadness and negativity aside...

id love to see the return of the christmasy-red that we had for one splatfest (i didnt participate)
it was kind of a pinkish hue, but it was still really pretty
I joined shortly after this splatfest, so I never got to see it in person. I really would like a red ink color but i'm scared for people using it going "WOW EDGY" because ""blood"" or some trash like that. That's the last thing I want to see.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
yeah true, but thats probably why the ink was more on the pink side of the hue of red than the RED-RED side
sure, i love neon red (which is a terribly unrealistic blood colour either way...) but i can see why not

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
yeah true, but thats probably why the ink was more on the pink side of the hue of red than the RED-RED side
sure, i love neon red (which is a terribly unrealistic blood colour either way...) but i can see why not
True
isn't blood more of a copper red anyways?

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Relevant to all colors I believe, but I like how when a special is charged, the inklings have dual color in their hair. See picture:

upload_2016-8-23_11-11-6.png

Something about that is just super appealing to me.

If we get more colors in Splat2n I imagine they'll be darker colors, since most neon colors are covered already in the inkling color palette. Like dark purple or dark green, or something.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Hey guys
Thanks @Magolor for making this great thread :D
I think you might like this~
That thread seems to be more about the colors that already exist. This thread was originally meant to talk about colors that aren't in the game that you want in the game as well as colors you want in other modes that are already in the game. Sorry about that.

Relevant to all colors I believe, but I like how when a special is charged, the inklings have dual color in their hair. See picture:

View attachment 4152

Something about that is just super appealing to me.

If we get more colors in Splat2n I imagine they'll be darker colors, since most neon colors are covered already in the inkling color palette. Like dark purple or dark green, or something.
I would like to see black ink because it's the natural ink color- however I don't know if that's going to happen since it might be harder to see on darker maps.

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
I would like to see black ink because it's the natural ink color- however I don't know if that's going to happen since it might be harder to see on darker maps.
Oh, black sounds cool. I guess if they ever have black ingame, it wont be used on Splatfest, since its nighttime... (Though don't they make ink pretty reflective/shiny? Maybe they wouldnt mind.)

Threw together a quick thing of the colors i'd like to see (forgive the doodle quality and bad handwriting)

upload_2016-8-23_14-37-22.png

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Oh, black sounds cool. I guess if they ever have black ingame, it wont be used on Splatfest, since its nighttime... (Though don't they make ink pretty reflective/shiny? Maybe they wouldnt mind.)

Threw together a quick thing of the colors i'd like to see (forgive the doodle quality and bad handwriting)

View attachment 4153
Woah! All those colors are really neat. I would love to see them ingame.
Imagine if private matches in Splat2n allowed custom ink colors. That'd be pretty neat.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Some colors are out for practical reasons. Any deep or even neutral shade of red will be seen as blood as mentioned, the milk tea coloration will get endless "lawl bodily fluids" comments because kids aren't known for maturity, and black would indeed be hard to see in shaded areas and the like. The rest of those colors look fine to me though.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Some colors are out for practical reasons. Any deep or even neutral shade of red will be seen as blood as mentioned, the milk tea coloration will get endless "lawl bodily fluids" comments because kids aren't known for maturity, and black would indeed be hard to see in shaded areas and the like. The rest of those colors look fine to me though.
It's really sad that's what the colors are instantly associated with for the reds and color of the milk tea ink- I wish people were more mature but I guess that's asking for way too much.

Maybe in the next game, you can choose the main color of your inkling's hair and the tips can be the color of your ink kind of like the squid sisters? That may be a bit confusing in battles though, actually, but It'd be cool to see.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's really sad that's what the colors are instantly associated with for the reds and color of the milk tea ink- I wish people were more mature but I guess that's asking for way too much.

Maybe in the next game, you can choose the main color of your inkling's hair and the tips can be the color of your ink kind of like the squid sisters? That may be a bit confusing in battles though, actually, but It'd be cool to see.
People ages 5-95 enjoy their toilet humor :P That aside, I like your idea about the color tips, that'd be a neat little bit of additional customization. Though I'm willing to bet a number of competitive players would keep changing it to whatever blends in with the current rotation best.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
People ages 5-95 enjoy their toilet humor :p That aside, I like your idea about the color tips, that'd be a neat little bit of additional customization. Though I'm willing to bet a number of competitive players would keep changing it to whatever blends in with the current rotation best.
That makes sense. Sounds really cool and like both competitive and casual players would enjoy it.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I definitely like the tips idea. It's really cool and I will be kinda disappointed if they don't let you select your inkling's main color in Spla2n.

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
I'd really like to have this ability outside of battle. Of course… I'd set myself to the Squid Girl light blue. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom