• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
Hi guys. Winners Round 1 has finished, and data collecting has been going pretty smoothly, but I'm missing pics from a few sets. If any of you have pics/vids from any of these, please notify me ASAP:
Squiddernauts Beta VS. Booyah Base Rejects
Squiddernauts Beta take it 3-1 over Booyah Base Rejects. GGs to those guys by the way.

Sorry for the blurry picture D:

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
Game between Team Queulorior & Sprayze Blue 3-2

Again.. Good game to the other team! @Brybry We really thought we had it after the first two matches lmao

Last edited:

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
There is so much favoritism in this tournament it's sickening.

LuxLuxora, I don't know why you think you deserve special treatment. Did you not see Rocketclauncher's post on the previous page that says "substitutions and replacements can not be made"? The fact that you've already swapped out a member demonstrates that the TOs have already allowed you to break the rules once when the denied @DashEmeth the exact same request on page 21.

Look at page 19. Wii Elite Clan attempts to add people to their roster after the tournament began and immediately gets called out for it. But Flying_Tortoise does this just 4 posts later and just because he's well known nobody says anything. Wow, just wow. The teams who've attempted to register members after the tournament has already started needs to make the screenshots of their match public to show that none of the people they've registered late have actually participated. Time to come clean, no more secret favoritism by the TOs.

But here's the worst part. The bracket was not randomized. Rather, it was rigged to begin with. For starters, look at post #180 on page 5. There, a TO responds to the concern that larger squads have an inherent advantage over smaller squads due to them being able to enter 3 teams. The TOs say not to worry, as they have a countermeasure planned that will balance things out. Not only did this countermeasure never occur, but they've completely rigged the tournament bracket in favor of the larger squads. Need proof? Look at the positioning of the following teams on the bracket: Alliance Rainbow (3 teams), Imperious (2 teams), Squid Squad (3 teams), iK Splash (2 teams), Inkopolis Underground (2 teams), Squids Next Door (3 teams). Notice anything unusual?

Every single one of those teams has been placed in a separate quadrant from its allied team(s).

The odds of all 15 squad affiliated teams being placed in a separate quadrant from their allied team is 1 in 32768, or essentially zero. Ever wonder why the TOs said they would stream the final tournament randomization live but didn't? This tournament was deliberately rigged from the start against individual teams.

TOs, you've got some serious explaining to do.
Lol reading this then noticing if Squiddernauts Beta loses they end up playing Squiddernauts Omega
Edit: If inkopolis underground A wins and B loses, guess who plays each other?

Last edited:

LuxLuxora

Full Squid
NNID
LuxLuxora
Bracket AR results: Blooper Ink vs. Inbrush Bucket Briggade 3-1

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I'd like to thank @Sakuragi and his team (Alliance Rainbow 2). They allowed us to postpone the match while I did fixed some DC problems I was having right before the match started. Some awesome people and just wanted to give them a shoutout cuz I wouldn't have seen that in another community. Hope to play you guys again soon and wish you the best.

Sakuragi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Sakuragi
3-0 Green Team vs Alliance Rainbow 2. GGs!

You were the best, GG's :)

I'd like to thank @Sakuragi and his team (Alliance Rainbow 2). They allowed us to postpone the match while I did fixed some DC problems I was having right before the match started. Some awesome people and just wanted to give them a shoutout cuz I wouldn't have seen that in another community. Hope to play you guys again soon and wish you the best.
No problem, if you want a war, you can contact me !

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
There is so much favoritism in this tournament it's sickening.

LuxLuxora, I don't know why you think you deserve special treatment. Did you not see Rocketclauncher's post on the previous page that says "substitutions and replacements can not be made"? The fact that you've already swapped out a member demonstrates that the TOs have already allowed you to break the rules once when the denied @DashEmeth the exact same request on page 21.

Look at page 19. Wii Elite Clan attempts to add people to their roster after the tournament began and immediately gets called out for it. But Flying_Tortoise does this just 4 posts later and just because he's well known nobody says anything. Wow, just wow. The teams who've attempted to register members after the tournament has already started needs to make the screenshots of their match public to show that none of the people they've registered late have actually participated. Time to come clean, no more secret favoritism by the TOs.

But here's the worst part. The bracket was not randomized. Rather, it was rigged to begin with. For starters, look at post #180 on page 5. There, a TO responds to the concern that larger squads have an inherent advantage over smaller squads due to them being able to enter 3 teams. The TOs say not to worry, as they have a countermeasure planned that will balance things out. Not only did this countermeasure never occur, but they've completely rigged the tournament bracket in favor of the larger squads. Need proof? Look at the positioning of the following teams on the bracket: Alliance Rainbow (3 teams), Imperious (2 teams), Squid Squad (3 teams), iK Splash (2 teams), Inkopolis Underground (2 teams), Squids Next Door (3 teams). Notice anything unusual?

Every single one of those teams has been placed in a separate quadrant from its allied team(s).

The odds of all 15 squad affiliated teams being placed in a separate quadrant from their allied team is 1 in 32768, or essentially zero. Ever wonder why the TOs said they would stream the final tournament randomization live but didn't? This tournament was deliberately rigged from the start against individual teams.

TOs, you've got some serious explaining to do.
Okay... So first off... It was randomized. We had spectators watching the tourney. Also if you look at letters V and W you will notice Squiddernauts Delta and Squiddernauts Omega. If they both won their two first matches, then they would have to play. Just thought that I might point that out. Also, I don't know if your on a team that got knocked out of the tournament or not, but being salty and pointing fingers is not the best way to solve problems. The bracket was randomized and no spots were changed.

End. Of. Story.

DesQue_25

Inkling
NNID
DesQue_25
EDPP 3 Team SuperWildcard 0

We had to use their picture for the first round because we forgot, but GGs to TSWC!

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
i know i'm a TO, and that automatically makes me a little shady when referring to these kinds of matters

the only "seeding" that took place in randomizing the bracket is that we wanted to make sure no two teams from the same squad fought eachother in round 1.

and i know a lot of people have a lot of different opinions about squads and how they're treated. as much as we want to keep this tourney community-driven and modify rules based on feedback, this is the one exception. all the TOs are part of squads, we like the squad community here on squidboards, and we don't want half of a squad's entrants dropping in the first round due to an unlucky roll.

so, we just kept randomizing the bracket until no two teams from the same squad faced off in round 1.

as for what the one dude said about the 1-in-32xxx chance of certain teams not ending up in the same quadrants, this is 100%, without a doubt, coincidental.

furthermore, about us denying a requrst to one player that was granted to another, the truth is - and this is a little hard to admit - we sometimes miss stuff.

we really try to be attentive, but there are FIVE of us and FOUR-HUNDRED-EIGHT of you.

and we're working around the clock answering questions, inputting scores, trying to help out people with scheduling issues, and sometimes we honestly just mess up, and we apologize.

you can call this tournament a lot of things.

shakey, experimental, odd, stupid, unorganized, flimsy, whatever

but it is not rigged.

thanks for all who read.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
i know i'm a TO, and that automatically makes me a little shady when referring to these kinds of matters

the only "seeding" that took place in randomizing the bracket is that we wanted to make sure no two teams from the same squad fought eachother in round 1.

and i know a lot of people have a lot of different opinions about squads and how they're treated. as much as we want to keep this tourney community-driven and modify rules based on feedback, this is the one exception. all the TOs are part of squads, we like the squad community here on squidboards, and we don't want half of a squad's entrants dropping in the first round due to an unlucky roll.

so, we just kept randomizing the bracket until no two teams from the same squad faced off in round 1.

as for what the one dude said about the 1-in-32xxx chance of certain teams not ending up in the same quadrants, this is 100%, without a doubt, coincidental.

furthermore, about us denying a requrst to one player that was granted to another, the truth is - and this is a little hard to admit - we sometimes miss stuff.

we really try to be attentive, but there are FIVE of us and FOUR-HUNDRED-EIGHT of you.

and we're working around the clock answering questions, inputting scores, trying to help out people with scheduling issues, and sometimes we honestly just mess up, and we apologize.

you can call this tournament a lot of things.

shakey, experimental, odd, stupid, unorganized, flimsy, whatever

but it is not rigged.

thanks for all who read.
You do realize that you didn't have to clear this up. Squiddernauts Beta and Omega are playing each other, Inkopolis Underground B is a loss from playing Inkopolis Underground A, and Alliance Rainbow 2 and 3 are wins away from playing each other. I'm willing to bet there will be more of these later as well

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Yes, I do want people to keep in mind that it's pretty common to try and separate affiliated teams/crews as much as possible, and even players/teams of the same region.

Also understand that this is usually something done only with rounds 1 and 2 in mind. Affiliated teams often play each other in round 3 and beyond, and in early loser's matches as well. It's just the nature of a double-elim bracket.

Don't worry about who you have to play or who else plays who else. Just focus on getting those wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom