• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Our team is Inkopolis Underground B. We have played two matches where in both instances we won against Squids Next Door Y (though they claimed someone disconnected in the first match). However, they left the room afterwards, and we haven't been able to schedule since. If another match isn't arranged by the deadline, what happens?

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
Imperious 1 3-1 Magic Squids

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

ggs, turf is the spookiest ****in thing man

EDIT: arowana not being played is the number one reason not to ban it lol
it has to be played before it can be banned

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
as of right now, in the new ruleset for the first "real" IoS, we're planning to make mall a counter pick, and having kelp dome take its place amongst the four other starters.
When do you suspect the new ruleset will be available to the public?

Knightmare82

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dirteburg32
Team Inkopolis Undergrounds A finished their matches in a 3v3 fashion against SND Y due to them not having enough players for a 4v4.​
Inkopolis Undergrounds A win 3-2 against Squids Next Door Y. GGs we were only able to get the second and fourth match pictures but one guy had a stream going so hopefully he archived it.

Attachments

Ameise

Inkling
NNID
SandanTrainer
Just out of curiousity:

Why is it, that in the case of Paradox/Duck n Cover both teams get disqualified
whereas in the case of イカ部/In the Ink In the Ink is now moving on?

Aren't this two similar cases handled completely different? Maybe I just overlooked a fact or so, just wondering.

DashEmeth

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dashemeth
We need to clarify the disconnections rules, there was issues on our loosers round 3 (turf war) against Tentacles Difficulties.

I hosted the game, and the first two games went smoothly, Dash team won the first one and TD won on his counterpick, so it was 1-1.

Then there was game 3 on our cp, arowana mall. We won that game (47.7% - 39.3%) but at the result screen we saw that TD Cap'n did dc'ed, because he had 0pts. TD TheBest then told me :

[15/08/2015 23:32:08] TD★TheBest: our teamate dc'd halfway in
[15/08/2015 23:32:17] TD★TheBest: redo?
[15/08/2015 23:32:26] TD★TheBest: plz

It was wierd on our side because we didn't felt like we were battling 4v3 half of that game, but since it's in the rules, we accepted to do it again. Watching the video after the match, we can see that TD Cap'n dc'ed not 1min30, but 20 seconds before the end of that game 3, and that makes a huge difference.

Anyway, we replayed that game 3, and some members of TD switched weapons. Since we had to "redo" the same game, it wasn't fair to change weapons, so we replayed a third time that game 3 with this time the original weapons and TD won.

On game 4, this time, one of our members had a dc. TD felt like it was an intentional dc (mainly because we had our dc near the end of the game i suppose, but honestly it was not, and we almost won that game > 42% - 44.3%). At first they told me to wait and asked on the leader chat if they had to redo the game, even if we on our side accepted to replay a game were they had a dc, they were trying to not replay that game where we had our first dc.

We switched host, replayed that game, and they won.

What I want to know is :
-Is there something planned for cases like this when a team tells something wrong during a game (dc halfway in >< 20secs from the end).
-Is there something planned for cases like this when a team want to redo a game and uses others weapons.

What I want to say is :
-You have to change these disconnections rules, they are cheap, anybody can take advantage of them to replay a lost game without any risk.

Anyway, thanks for this tourney, we are looking forward for the next one.

Ashton Cox

Inkling
NNID
Mancuscrub
Hey sorrry I forgot to post this but The A Team beat Inkopolis rejects a few days ago 3-0

I also agree with the disconnect rule we have video proof off people being in the battle the whole time and didnt see it till after tourney but we replayed a round because of it

Mr.HawK

The Artist
We need to clarify the disconnections rules, there was issues on our loosers round 3 (turf war) against Tentacles Difficulties.

I hosted the game, and the first two games went smoothly, Dash team won the first one and TD won on his counterpick, so it was 1-1.

Then there was game 3 on our cp, arowana mall. We won that game (47.7% - 39.3%) but at the result screen we saw that TD Cap'n did dc'ed, because he had 0pts. TD TheBest then told me :

[15/08/2015 23:32:08] TD★TheBest: our teamate dc'd halfway in
[15/08/2015 23:32:17] TD★TheBest: redo?
[15/08/2015 23:32:26] TD★TheBest: plz

It was wierd on our side because we didn't felt like we were battling 4v3 half of that game, but since it's in the rules, we accepted to do it again. Watching the video after the match, we can see that TD Cap'n dc'ed not 1min30, but 20 seconds before the end of that game 3, and that makes a huge difference.

Anyway, we replayed that game 3, and some members of TD switched weapons. Since we had to "redo" the same game, it wasn't fair to change weapons, so we replayed a third time that game 3 with this time the original weapons and TD won.

On game 4, this time, one of our members had a dc. TD felt like it was an intentional dc (mainly because we had our dc near the end of the game i suppose, but honestly it was not, and we almost won that game > 42% - 44.3%). At first they told me to wait and asked on the leader chat if they had to redo the game, even if we on our side accepted to replay a game were they had a dc, they were trying to not replay that game where we had our first dc.

We switched host, replayed that game, and they won.

What I want to know is :
-Is there something planned for cases like this when a team tells something wrong during a game (dc halfway in >< 20secs from the end).
-Is there something planned for cases like this when a team want to redo a game and uses others weapons.

What I want to say is :
-You have to change these disconnections rules, they are cheap, anybody can take advantage of them to replay a lost game without any risk.

Anyway, thanks for this tourney, we are looking forward for the next one.
hmmm. I feel as though people may take advantage of d/c-ing when they know they are losing. reasons being because they will immediately know your strategy after that match and when you play again they can change their weapon/gear comp before the rematch can happen. giving them a clearly somewhat unfair advantage. I would say to #Adapt but there are some things you just cant get by

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Alright, guys. I haven't posted a serious post in awhile here, and there's a lot of stuff going on, so I'm going to throw my 2 cents in on the matter.

I've got 2 words for you all: BE HONEST. There is absolutely nothing on the line with this tournament. Even if you do win, sure, you can boast about how you won the first Splatoon tournament of 64 teams, but this tournament is more about collecting data and seeing the community's opinions on the current meta than winning. Also, future tournaments will more than likley be held with ENTIRE DIFFERENT RULESETS. You are helping nobody when you 'Intentionally DC' or otherwise spin the results and cheat. I'm not accusing anyone just yet, but you know who you are if you did.

Be happy that you a pioneering the Splatoon competitive scene. Be grateful that the TO's took the opportunity and gave us a great tournament.

I want this community to be a nice, loving community that can be honestly competitive. Not one that cheats for some bragging rights.

Splatoon devs, please put in a way of knowing when DC's happen and whether or not it was intentional. #Spla2nDCMvmnt or something, I don't know :P

And everyone in IoS, Please don't cheat. It's for nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying anyone was cheating. I'm saying that if you have, a) be honest about it and b) don't do it again. Like, don't cheat again EVER. IoS or otherwise.

Also, I'm not mad (well, I guess I kinda am in a way), and I'm not trying to call people out. I'm just writing something that will hopefully be inspirational and change some people's views.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Alright, guys. I haven't posted a serious post in awhile here, and there's a lot of stuff going on, so I'm going to throw my 2 cents in on the matter.

I've got 2 words for you all: BE HONEST. There is absolutely nothing on the line with this tournament. Even if you do win, sure, you can boast about how you won the first Splatoon tournament of 64 teams, but this tournament is more about collecting data and seeing the community's opinions on the current meta than winning. Also, future tournaments will more than likley be held with ENTIRE DIFFERENT RULESETS. You are helping nobody when you 'Intentionally DC' or otherwise spin the results and cheat. I'm not accusing anyone just yet, but you know who you are if you did.

Be happy that you a pioneering the Splatoon competitive scene. Be grateful that the TO's took the opportunity and gave us a great tournament.

I want this community to be a nice, loving community that can be honestly competitive. Not one that cheats for some bragging rights.

Splatoon devs, please put in a way of knowing when DC's happen and whether or not it was intentional. #Spla2nDCMvmnt or something, I don't know :p

And everyone in IoS, Please don't cheat. It's for nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying anyone was cheating. I'm saying that if you have, a) be honest about it and b) don't do it again. Like, don't cheat again EVER. IoS or otherwise.

Also, I'm not mad (well, I guess I kinda am in a way), and I'm not trying to call people out. I'm just writing something that will hopefully be inspirational and change some people's views.
Couldnt have said it better myself

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
REGARDING DISQUALIFICATIONS AND DISCONNECTIONS

Hey everyone, so as you know there have been a few problems popping up regarding the DC and DQ rule. Let me clarify some changes and answer some questions.

The current DC rule is as follows:

If a player on either side disconnects prior to the halfway mark of a fairly even match, the match is to be replayed. If a disconnect occurs after the halfway mark of a match, OR the match is not fairly even, it will not be replayed. To clarify, a fairly even match would be about 50-50 60-40 for any mode. When the DC occurs, it should be noted immediately to the other players. That way, a time and score can be clearly marked by more than one person. Obviously this is a trust that we put onto teams, because we can not see EVERY disconnect and determine the best outcome. If there is an issue, a TO should be notified during the match, not after. If a DC occurs more than once by a team, it is not replayed, even if it happens in the first half of a match.

The current DQ rule is as follows:

If a team fails to contact their opponent or makes little effort to accommodate to schedules within 48 hours of being paired up with their next opponent, they will be disqualified. YES, there are teams from different countries in this tournament which is awesome. BUT, entering this tournament with a vastly different time zone, you must understand that 90% of the time, you will be the one changing your schedule. The schedule has been and will continue to be pushed back due to the losers bracket. We will not be disqualifying teams left and right. The most important thing is to play with a sense of urgency, and to try to get matches in sooner rather than later. Loser's bracket does need to pick up speed, so please contact your opponent and get your matches done. If there is a scheduling issue with both teams, a hard decision will be made on who advances. Also, it's important to remember that for teams with 8 players, you might not get to have your A team every match. Forcing a match later on vs a squad of 4 just to wait for a certain player on your team isn't fair. That being said, teams of 4 should understand that because they have fewer players, they are likely to have more scheduling issues. That's why the cap was raised to 8. That way potential subs are registered, not being added on halfway through the tournament.

Thank you for all your understanding and hopefully this cleared some things up. The DQ and DC rules are very situational and hard to set firm in stone, so if you have any issues or questions let me know.

LinkLuigi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LinkLuigi730
REGARDING DISQUALIFICATIONS AND DISCONNECTIONS

Hey everyone, so as you know there have been a few problems popping up regarding the DC and DQ rule. Let me clarify some changes and answer some questions.

The current DC rule is as follows:

If a player on either side disconnects prior to the halfway mark of a fairly even match, the match is to be replayed. If a disconnect occurs after the halfway mark of a match, OR the match is not fairly even, it will not be replayed. To clarify, a fairly even match would be about 50-50 60-40 for any mode. When the DC occurs, it should be noted immediately to the other players. That way, a time and score can be clearly marked by more than one person. Obviously this is a trust that we put onto teams, because we can not see EVERY disconnect and determine the best outcome. If there is an issue, a TO should be notified during the match, not after. If a DC occurs more than once by a team, it is not replayed, even if it happens in the first half of a match.

The current DQ rule is as follows:

If a team fails to contact their opponent or makes little effort to accommodate to schedules within 48 hours of being paired up with their next opponent, they will be disqualified. YES, there are teams from different countries in this tournament which is awesome. BUT, entering this tournament with a vastly different time zone, you must understand that 90% of the time, you will be the one changing your schedule. The schedule has been and will continue to be pushed back due to the losers bracket. We will not be disqualifying teams left and right. The most important thing is to play with a sense of urgency, and to try to get matches in sooner rather than later. Loser's bracket does need to pick up speed, so please contact your opponent and get your matches done. If there is a scheduling issue with both teams, a hard decision will be made on who advances. Also, it's important to remember that for teams with 8 players, you might not get to have your A team every match. Forcing a match later on vs a squad of 4 just to wait for a certain player on your team isn't fair. That being said, teams of 4 should understand that because they have fewer players, they are likely to have more scheduling issues. That's why the cap was raised to 8. That way potential subs are registered, not being added on halfway through the tournament.

Thank you for all your understanding and hopefully this cleared some things up. The DQ and DC rules are very situational and hard to set firm in stone, so if you have any issues or questions let me know.
Thanks for clearing things up, RC! Also our opponent for LB Round 3 has STILL not been decided as Aliiance Rainbow 1 and ¥dnamite have not played their game. So, will they be DQ?

Nanerz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheeTheNanerz
TBH you guys need to be much more strict with the DQ system. There are teams that no one has heard from for days.

There is nothing wrong with DQing teams. It is their fault and there will be more tournaments for them to participate in.

Losers bracket is so far behind..

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
TBH you guys need to be much more strict with the DQ system. There are teams that no one has heard from for days.

There is nothing wrong with DQing teams. It is their fault and there will be more tournaments for them to participate in.

TBH, the TO's don't want to (pardon me for a second) piss everyone off in the DQ'd teams. That's what's holding them back from just doing it. And I respect that.

Nanerz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheeTheNanerz
a TOs job is to keep everything on schedule. How can anyone be pissed off when they had plenty of times to get things done? Like I said. If a team gets DQ. They deserve it.

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
It's a TOs job to keep a tournament running on time, NOT to keep everyone happy. Teams are given ample time to play their games and if they are unable to do so for whatever reason they need to be DQed

Already moved the losers round 2 ahead and DQ'd the necessary teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom