Ink Resist is just Useless?

Do you think Ink Resistance is still useful?

• Total voters

Zarklord

Inkling
NNID
Zarklord
It seems like I get no real benefits from it anymore, Should I just stop using it?

Zarklord

Inkling
NNID
Zarklord
No, not at all. Ink resistance allows you to walk better in enemy ink, which can be very helpful.
I don't think you understand my post,I know what it does it just seems like its not effective, (before the nerf there was a dramatic change now its seems like its not worth 1 main ability more like two subs.)I'm in S And I see like no one run it anymore(Is that just me?).

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd say it's still useful. Personally I don't use it since I like long-range weapons, and if I'm caught on enemy ink I'm pretty much done for more often than not, but I can see why people like it

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I kinda get where you're coming from. When you first use it, it certainly doesn't seem like it does much. But go in one match with your Ink Resistance shoes on, run around in enemy ink, then try doing the same thing without your shoes. That's when the difference becomes most evident. (As they say, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. It was probably a little more noticeable before they nerfed it, though.)

At the same time, I'd argue that the only weapons that are in dire need of Ink Resistance are short-to-mid-range shooters like the Splash-o-matic or the Mini Splatling. If a long-range shooter gets caught in a situation where the ability would come in handy, I'd argue that they'd be screwed regardless.

Zarklord

Inkling
NNID
Zarklord
I kinda get where you're coming from. When you first use it, it certainly doesn't seem like it does much. But go in one match with your Ink Resistance shoes on, run around in enemy ink, then try doing the same thing without your shoes. That's when the difference becomes most evident. (As they say, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. It was probably a little more noticeable before they nerfed it, though.)

At the same time, I'd argue that the only weapons that are in dire need of Ink Resistance are short-to-mid-range shooters like the Splash-o-matic or the Mini Splatling. If a long-range shooter gets caught in a situation where the ability would come in handy, I'd argue that they'd be screwed regardless.
Thank you that's what i want to know. I'm running berry pro so I'll take it off.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Its a good ability. I don't use it as much since I find I don't need its as much as I do other abilities, but if you have a slot to spare, and would like your tread through enemy lines to be easier than ink resistance will be your friend.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
For me, yeah. Whenever I'm using my brushes or any weapon that has beacons. The ink resistance shoes are almost always worn because I'll spend much of the match dealing with bad ink.

The times I've operated in bad ink without those shoes are like summer and winter for me. I try to swim through that thin line of ink a charger puts down—slam to a halt. I try to climb up a wall with my team and the other team's ink all over it, I struggle and sometimes fall off. I attempt to walk through bad ink for a sneaky flank and I'm stuck long enough to be found and put out of my misery.

But since you're using a good, straight-forward shooter like the splattershot pro it would likely just take up space for you.

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
Don't know if it's been nerfed since, but this is a really good indicator as to why Ink Resistance is so good.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I don't know why, but it never seems to be as useful for me as it ought to be. I can definitely see all applications for it (so many times I've tripped over enemy ink), but when I put it on myself, I still have all the same problems that I used to.

Zarklord

Inkling
NNID
Zarklord
I don't know why, but it never seems to be as useful for me as it ought to be. I can definitely see all applications for it (so many times I've tripped over enemy ink), but when I put it on myself, I still have all the same problems that I used to.
Yep that's how I feel.

Award

If you're using a weapon that's really good at shooting at your own feet FAST to get out of a bad spot, you can do without (fast shooters, inkbrushes, sploosh, etc.) If you're running long range (chargers, even SSP, squelchers, etc. you probably shouldn't hope to need it, otherwise you're probably playing inside your zone. If the enemy got close enough that the ink is a problem, you probably aren't going to make it out in one piece.

Rollers, octobrushes, and the slower shooters (gals, etc), blasters, really need ink resistance IMO. they'll tread a lot in enemy ink or have enemy ink spread around them and have no way to easily break free.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Oops. I voted "No" when I really wanted to vote "Yes."

I almost exclusively use ink resistance. I definitely feel it if I don't have it on as it cuts down on my maneuverability in firefights. Sometimes I rely on it a bit to much though, so I'm thinking of dropping it for a while to get better at fundamentals.

DillWano

Inkling
NNID
DillWano
"If you're using a weapon that's really good at shooting at your own feet FAST to get out of a bad spot, you can do without (fast shooters, inkbrushes, sploosh, etc.) If you're running long range (chargers, even SSP, squelchers, etc. you probably shouldn't hope to need it, otherwise you're probably playing inside your zone. If the enemy got close enough that the ink is a problem, you probably aren't going to make it out in one piece.

Rollers, octobrushes, and the slower shooters (gals, etc), blasters, really need ink resistance IMO. they'll tread a lot in enemy ink or have enemy ink spread around them and have no way to easily break free."

I'm sorry, I don't know how to quote but this!

If I have a weapon that is a fast shooting/moving weapon I find that I don't need ink resist. On weapons that shoot slower or that I need every shot to count (for me that's blaster, gals, and pro to an extent) than I really don't want to waste time painting my feet for that one little patch I got stuck in. Other than that I only seem to want it I'm trying to flank and I'm getting slowed down by random patches of enemy ink but that seems to not happen very often.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
As an example of a weapon that loves the support of this Ability, the Sloshing Machine takes a good chunk of a second to clean up the floor around its feet and, if it's under attack, it usually can't afford to waste a single shot on something like that.

Award

As an example of a weapon that loves the support of this Ability, the Sloshing Machine takes a good chunk of a second to clean up the floor around its feet and, if it's under attack, it usually can't afford to waste a single shot on something like that.
Yeah, all the slow fire or inconsistent ink weapons (or everything that's a canditate for "highest skill floor weapons" ;) ) - bamboozlers, have ok ink but gappy, hydra is gappy if not charged, h3 is "ok" but slow and gappy, SM for sure (all blasters, really...I tend to consider SM a blaster more than a slosher.)

But recently I've been swapping ink resist for Bomb Sniffer. The little skulls are annoying, but with all the bombs around these days I'm getting taken out way too often by them.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I rarely ever used Ink Resist even before the nerf, only sometimes on Splat n Dynamo Rollers. I never use it at all nowadays. While it's not a necessity or anything, it's still useful namely for getting full jump height while in enemy ink and allowing you to swim through enemy ink a bit longer. If you find that valuable then by all means use it!

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I use it mainly for the reduction of the damage over time while in enemy ink.

Mizumachi71

Inkling
NNID
TooruToorus
I say it depends what weapon you're using. I main n zap '89, therefore ink resistances isn't particular high on "abilities I need." Since I already lay out a path for me to run/squid in. Though Ink/brushes you trail a path rather than create one in front. The short time I did use the Inkbrush ink resistances helped me a lot when i need to run away from my ink tank is empty. Really, ink resistances is helpful if you're using a roller/brush. it's just my opinion on the ordeal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom