• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink Resist is just Useless?

Do you think Ink Resistance is still useful?

• Total voters

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I only use roller and brushes, getting Ink Resistance is mandatory for my play style. Whenever I trade it for other ability I miss it and complain "why the hell I did that".

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I personally think it can be avoided on rollers and brushes. If the main problem for them is getting stuck in enemy ink, this can be easily avoided by keeping an eye on your tank, and :ability_inkrecovery: or :ability_inksavermain: can help avoid that situation and provide extra benefits. Chargers, Splatlings, and RM carriers seem like they would want to run it, though, since inking up takes some time. (The number of times I've been covered in enemy ink and died with the RM...)

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
It's pretty much required on the L-3 Nozzlenoses for me, since they don't ink around your feet real well and they have that mobility that they don't want to give up.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There's been more than one case where I'd have been splatted without the split-second of extra mobility ink resistance gives me to get out of harm's way. It's been a regular staple of my outfits since I got massively lucky with a triple sub.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
I don't use it if I'm using the squelcher or any gun that has a longer range.
I also know when I don't use it our team needs to have good map coverage so I can maneuver around.
It's one of those things that if you get used to sometimes it's hard to let go.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I always have it on, because it allows you to keep moving at full speed when shooting with Splatlings (in enemy ink of course). and considering I use the Hydra, I want to make the most out of my charges, and looking down to shoot at my feet isn't always the best thing to do. Yes, it's not in use all the time because I have very long range and stand on my own ink a lot more, but for the few times I have to walk in enemy ink, it comes in very handy.

Ink Resist might not be the optimal choice for every weapon though I have to admit

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Disregard my vote for "no". I was voting for no to the question "Ink Resist is just Useless?". I didn't know the poll question was the exact opposite.

It's all but useles. But it is less useful for some, and more useful for other weapons. Splatlings for example gain a lot from this ability.

Last edited:

Shuggi

Senior Squid
NNID
Splatshuggi
It seems like I get no real benefits from it anymore, Should I just stop using it?
The reason you say this is probably because once you start wearing ink resistance, you don't notice it. So keep using it.

Shuggi

Senior Squid
NNID
Splatshuggi
I don't know why, but it never seems to be as useful for me as it ought to be. I can definitely see all applications for it (so many times I've tripped over enemy ink), but when I put it on myself, I still have all the same problems that I used to.
Ink resistance isn't for completely ignoring enemy ink (it's not called ink proof is it?). It's for making quick escapes once you do fall in enemy ink. Just keep that in mind.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I love ink resistance, I run it all the time.

As a carbon roller who aspires to reach a maximum level of sneakiness, when I can if there are tiny patches of ink I can use in a sea of enemy ink, I use them, because then the enemy won't be able to see me coming on their maps. I catch squids off guard a lot with this strategy. But it would be insane to try it without ink resistance. I also use it when I carry the rainmaker. I have a lot of success doing that too.

I also like high risk splats, I swim at someone, attempt to splat them and if I miss or it's too dangerous, ink resistance helps the getaway. Even if the opponent shoots at my feet I have a better chance of escaping. I always run a combo of ink resistance and swim speed up, so I can swim around the map madly.

It works for my playstyle. I don't think I'd ever consider changing it. Since I started using it I've become a lot more successful.

And I mean especially now that burst bombs can't be spammed. I used to throw down burst bombs to help with a quick getaway, and that's a lot more difficult to do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom