• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink Saver (sub) Renaissance / Extra Sub compendium

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
I discovered the fun of 2 Splat bombs!
Rather, I realized that with enough sub saver (2 mains 5 sub iirc) you can throw two Splat bombs with out a refill.

I tried it out with a variety of weapons trying to suss out some double bomb traps or techniques. (Had the most fun with the new ink brush). Any weapon that also has bomb rush can fake a rush, maybe keep opponents unsure of their safety.

Anybody else heavily stacking their sub saver? For what subs?

These are the minimum requirements to get an extra use of your SUB WEAPON without refilling your ink tank.

2x :splatbomb: -- 2x main :ability_inksaversub: 5x small :ability_inksaversub:
2x :suctionbomb: -- 2x main :ability_inksaversub: 5x small :ability_inksaversub:
3x :pointsensor: -- 6x small :ability_inksaversub: -- 1x main :ability_inksaversub: and 2x small :ability_inksaversub: almost gets there.
3x: :burstbomb: -- 6x small :ability_inksaversub: -- 1x main :ability_inksaversub: and 2x small :ability_inksaversub: almost gets there.
3x: :inkmine: 2x main :ability_inksaversub: 3x small :ability_inksaversub: OR 1x main :ability_inksaversub: 6x small

Not sure if the following are possible, my max is 3x main :ability_inksaversub: and 5x sub :ability_inksaversub:. I will update it when I scum out those last 4 subs of :ability_inksaversub:

With these amounts you can almost do a lot of things. I attached the wait time between deployments, like if you jammed on R between the first :seeker: and the second, you're jamming for 2.75 seconds.
2x :sprinkler:- almost at 3x main / 5x sub, 3 second delay on 2rd

2x :squidbeacon:- almost at 3x main / 5x sub, 2.5 second delay on 2rd
3x :disruptor: - almost at 3x main / 5x sub, 1.5 second delay on 3rd
4x: :burstbomb: - almost at 3x main / 5x sub, 2 second delay on 4th
4x: :pointsensor: - almost at 3x main / 5x sub, 2 second delay on 4th
2x :seeker: - - almost at 3x main / 5x sub, 2.75 second delay on 4th
2x :splashwall: -- Won't let you deploy two at once.

Update:

Here is a list of the Sub-Saver Gear I’ve amassed. I haven’t gotten to Shiny yet, but these allow me a fair amount of flexibility while maintaining DOUBLE-BOMB potential.

HEAD

Paisley Bandana - :ability_inksaversub:/:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub:

Blowfish Bell Hat - :ability_inkrecovery:/:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

Jogging Headband :head_hbd004: - :ability_inksaversub:/ :ability_specialsaver::ability_inksaversub::ability_specialsaver:

CLOTHES

B-ball Jersey(Away) :ability_inksaversub:/:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
Fugu Tee :clothes_tes010: - :ability_swimspeed:/:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
Firemen Navy Sweat:clothes_swt003: - :ability_bombrange::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
Herbivore Tee —- :ability_ninjasquid:/:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:

SHOES

School Shoes: :ability_inksaversub:/:ability_inksaversub::ability_specialcharge::ability_inksaversub:

Gonna take a scum at the School Shoes once I get enough snails to make it less of a time killer, I think the odds are 1/455 for Shiny.

Blueberry Casuals:shoes_cfs000: - :ability_inksaversub:/:ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Fav set is Paisley Bandana, Fugu Tee, and Blueberry casuals. Swim fast and Bomb often!

Notable: going all in (or almost) with :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery: gives you the most bombs for your time.

Last edited:

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I do like :ability_inksaversub: with :ability_inksavermain: on sloshers especially the deco one. Sloshers (the black-pink and soda) are all ink hungry and the new :ability_inksaversub: works well with them.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The 2.7 update has given it further use, namely allowing a third Burst Bomb with six subs worth of Saver Sub. I use it on pretty much all Burst Bomb weapons now. I also use the heavy investment for two bombs build with the Splat Roller and Soda Slosher.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
Does anyone have pure sub saver clothes or shoes? I want to experiment with a set like this:
:head_hdp001::ability_inksaversub:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_rvl::ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_unknown: or :clothes_tes010::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:shoes_cfs000::ability_inksaversub:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: or any shoes with :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_unknown:

I thought it would be pretty good on the permanent inkbrush. Spamming splat bombs until you get kraken, and when you do get the kraken, you go all in, super agressively, while krakening everyone to death.

I only need a pure ink saver sub gear peace.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I use a :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksaversub: for burst bombs. One more sub of :ability_inksaversub: and I can throw three without a refill. I'm going to try to turn this gear into a :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:.

Lackrocket

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Chawlsak
Switch Friend Code
SW-8367-5507-0209
I use ink save sub as a main ability. I use the .52 Gal deco and use my seekers like crazy. I add on ink refill as well so I can keep them coming as fast as I can

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
I use ink save sub as a main ability. I use the .52 Gal deco and use my seekers like crazy. I add on ink refill as well so I can keep them coming as fast as I can
Yeah! I've been experimenting with an all saver/refill build, emphasizing ink-saver-sub, that's been a lot of fun.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
I added a compendium to the top post. If any of you squids have :ability_inksaversub: in excess of 3x main and 4x small, and want to post your data, I will update the top post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom