Inkbrush is impossible to use in Tower Control

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Inkbrush is just not worth it. That may be obvious for many, but i'm one who likes to use weird weapons because it's rewarding. It's one of the reasons I used the Charger in the Testfire and L3 Nozzlenose in the main game now (along with some Charger action sometimes).

It's literally impossible for me to contribute anything at all to my team besides an occasional well placed Inkstrike. I see all those Rollers hopping out of the ink and instantly killing whole teams, so I thought "Hmm, just do that with the Inkbrush!" but the Inkbrush doesn't have the range and hopping with it isn't that effective. Also the huge amount of hits required means that people get away from me all the time. Sometimes I try to plant Sprinklers, then hit them from behind while they're shooting it, but people are too smart for that. Another factor might be that my internet connection is good(Wired 50 up/50 down), so I can't pull off the crazy laggy stealth stuff that Japanese people do. It's pretty depressing that Inkbrush can hardly be helpful at all in this mode, considering you can do decently with it in Splat Zones. I guess there's always the Carbon Roller, which is pretty much just a better Inkbrush anyways. Oh well. Back to the normal guns :p

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Yeah, as Sheldon originally stated - the Inkbrush is no fighter. Its abilities lie in spreading ink, and spreading more ink.

Its time to kill is really bad:
.52 Gal: 12 / 19 / 9
Blaster: 13 / 25 / 51
Luna Blaster: 13 / 23 / 41
Splattershot: 15 / 22 / 6
.96 Gal: 16 / 24 / 13
N-ZAP '85: 18 / 25 / 5
Splash-O-Matic: 18 / 25 / 5
Splattershot Jr: 18 / 25 / 5
Aerospray: 19 / 26 / 4
Splattershot Pro: 19 / 27 / 8
Dual Squelcher: 21 / 29 / 6
L-3 Nozzlenose: 21 / 28 / 4
Splat Roller: 22 / x / 22
Inkbrush: 26 / x / 7 ^ All this other stuff beats it, and V all that stuff outranges it
Jet Squelcher: 27 / 38 / 8
Rapid Blaster: 46 / 62 / 35
Dynamo Roller: 47 / x / 47
Squiffer: 48 / 52 / 51
Splat Charger: 63 / 68 / 66
Splatterscope: 63 / 68 / 66
E-liter 3K: 80 / 108 / 105

I'd consider myself an inkbrush main, but I'm scared to go in with it to Tower mode. Like you said though, the Carbon Roller fills a somewhatbutnotreally similar role. I've been having a lot of success with it and it's tons of fun! If you really want to go inkbrush though, I'd play an extremely supporty role by just inking everywhere in the tower's entire route to give your team more movement/stealth/flanking options. The inkbrush has the ability to run through enemy ink, so you could potentially ink over a huge area behind their front line and when your team advances they'll have all that territory claimed. I'd back off on going for kills, but you could throw sprinklers on the tower / try to go for stealth flanks.

SplatGod

Inkling
NNID
Whardrum
I have gone up against a few ink brushes in tower control and they have done well. I think the best spot for the brush is on the tower. If your pulling the trigger fast enough you can keep the sides cover where enemy players can not sneak up the sides. Remember your gear matters too. Find the gear you have with the most damage amplifiers and ink saver main. If your team is doing their job and keeping range attackers off you the only option for them is close combat. There should only ever be one person on the tower.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
IMO, in party teams Tower Control will be about:

1- get map control
2 - sweep the enemy team
3 - push the tower

If inkbrushes develop to be able to get map control in party teams, they will be able to do well in Tower Control.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I have gone up against a few ink brushes in tower control and they have done well. I think the best spot for the brush is on the tower. If your pulling the trigger fast enough you can keep the sides cover where enemy players can not sneak up the sides. Remember your gear matters too. Find the gear you have with the most damage amplifiers and ink saver main. If your team is doing their job and keeping range attackers off you the only option for them is close combat. There should only ever be one person on the tower.
This! They are a beast on the tower if their team can protect them. Inkbrush will do much better and be seen as a force to be reckoned once teams can communicate.

papaya

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, I'm normally an Inkbrush wielder (although I've been partial to the Splattershot Jr. a lot lately) and I don't use it in Tower Control. Shooting people down when they're trying to get close to the tower just seems more efficient to me so I use the Custom Dual Squelcher. Both the Squid Beakons and Killer Wail have proven to be quite useful for this mode!

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
Just played this for the first time ever and also with my Inkbrush main. I don't think we Inkbrushers are doomed in Tower Control. Once the brushes that include bombs are released we will be pretty potent. Right now the biggest problem is there is only one brush with subs that skew it heavily towards an ink spreading support role. We just need subs and specials that allow the brusher to be more aggressive from a range, and we'll be good.

[Edit:] It really isn't much good for this mode. It's okay if you can get onto the tower and hold it, but I'm switching to something with Suction Bombs. Those are the most potent things in this mode.

Last edited:

Ultimate Mayhem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MechanicalDoom
I agree that it's pretty bad. I've been using the Luna a lot with mostly success. There's a few times where the team is just too good, though.. I'm gonna try using the Custom Dual Squelcher.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I've seen some really good inkbrush players on Tower Control just speeding around the stage, taking out enemies from being and moving on to the next poor squidkid with his back turned :p Seems to me if you focus on stealth, inkbrush could be pretty viable in Tower Control. Shame i haven't had so much success haha xD

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
I'm in the same boat of using weird weapons, L3 Nozzlenose and Inkbrush are my weapons of choice, mostly inkbrush. when tower control was released, I as afraid of entering with the it, but did anyway, started losing or being carried, but learnt a lot.
At the start of the match: You're the fastest member (of course if you're the only inkbrush in both teams, which is very likely) so, you choose between 2 things to do:
A.- get to the tower before anybody, don't ride it, your teammates (mostly) won't be at your side by the time you get there, besides the tower will be further into enemy's territory, extending the time your team needs to get there (they can SJ but without coordination this is hard to pull of safely), call them with "C'mon", luckily they'll get the hint to super jump to you, next is throw a sprinkler in the way of the enemy to the tower preferably in a hard to reach spot, that will slow one or two.

B.- Take the shortest path to intercept the enemy in the way to the tower, don't try to splat them, you won't, just let them know you're there (don't just stand there,
you'll be splatted) and that will make them stop, they will try to splat you instead of going for the tower, when in trouble just retreat or SJ to the safest teammate, luckily by the time your team will control the tower, so just ambush when you can and ink smartly, where your team needs it and where the enemy doesn't.
In any of these "strategies" if you want to call it, you'll be in splat danger a lot, so I recommend the next 3 main abilities, Damage Up, Ink Saver (main), Defense up.

the rest of the match just ink as much as you can but wisely, that way you set room for your team to work, slow the enemy and can start to ambush those who blindly rush to the tower, which many players do in this mode.

SpYd3R

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Spyd3rx
I've had mixed experiences with the inkbrush on TC, some games I do well some I don't I think alot of it has to do with whether your trying to support or push, I've had my most luck ninja squidding around the choke points and just Splatting players who run by rather than pushing the tower.

Sharpzz

Full Squid
I never see inkbrushes do well in TC and I am A+ but i think the best thing to do is spread ink to annoy the enemy and make it harder for them to approach the tower without inking first or ambush them. Octobrush would be preferable since you have squid beacons and have a higher damage output

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Eh.. I don't think Inkbrushes are really that great in Ranked in general, sorry. :confused:

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
I've found that you need a very specific play style. I've found that if you jump on the tower from above and start spraying, you will almost always kill whoever is on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom