• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inking: Is the Aerospray really the best?

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
I'm wondering if anyone has examined this before. We all know the Aerospray has the best fire rate, but doesn't it's range give it a bit of handicap? Some other guns, like the N-Zap, have a good fire rate and better range, so it could be said that's covering more of the map in the same amount of time. Ink efficiency could also come in to play.

I can't think of a real way to test this, I think code mining might be the only way realistically.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.no

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
I find the splash-0-matic the best painter there is. You got more range then the aerospray and if you need it you can suction bomb rush to cover turf even quicker. Not to mention it's more accurate so you can actually shoot where you want. The only reason people don't mention it is because they don't know how to cover turf efficiently I think. But it inks like the clappers

http://squidboards.com/guides/splash-o-matic.229/

Last edited:

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
The Aerospray, in my opinion, is for squids that aren't very accurate and with the new Aerospray PG It's a very versatile weapon.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
you can suction bomb rush to cover turf even quicker
That's a good point raised. Suction Bomb Rush with Special Charge Up can pretty much recover half of its Special Meter as soon as it runs out, just thanks to the last few bombs exploding. So, considering the Main and Special in tandem, does that change things? Or is Suction Rush ultimately slower at inking than traditional coverage Shooters themselves?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's a good point raised. Suction Bomb Rush with Special Charge Up can pretty much recover half of its Special Meter as soon as it runs out, just thanks to the last few bombs exploding. So, considering the Main and Special in tandem, does that change things? Or is Suction Rush ultimately slower at inking than traditional coverage Shooters themselves?
Suction bomb rush is a bit more skill and level dependent, what you say is possible but can be difficult depending on the situation. Whereas an aerospray just holds ZR and barfs everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom