• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inklings are evil?

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24
In the direct it states inklings goes through a process of growing when they hit 14 they can turn into there humanoid forms.
We can assume octolings are 14 right?
Then what about the rest of the octopi they are still babies

The third form of a inkling and the octotrooper look awfully alike inklings kill octopi before they can even have control of there humanoid forms the inklings are monsters this would explain why there aren't many octolings.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
It's been stated that most Octarians simply aren't able to transform--if you look at Octarian propoganda, it shows their tentacles-on-legs forms, not Octoling forms like how most Inkling art shows humanoid forms instead of squid ones.

Only a small subset of female Octarians have shown the ability to transform into Octolings, and they're basically used as elite soldiers, being the only ones capable of truly fighting on even ground with Inklings.

This is why most Octarian weaponry is designed to be operated by their tentacle-on-legs forms--for most Ocatarians, that's the only form they'll ever have.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
It's been stated that most Octarians simply aren't able to transform--if you look at Octarian propoganda, it shows their tentacles-on-legs forms, not Octoling forms like how most Inkling art shows humanoid forms instead of squid ones.

Only a small subset of female Octarians have shown the ability to transform into Octolings, and they're basically used as elite soldiers, being the only ones capable of truly fighting on even ground with Inklings.

This is why most Octarian weaponry is designed to be operated by their tentacle-on-legs forms--for most Ocatarians, that's the only form they'll ever have.
Pretty sure this. I read that only the female Octarians are capable of the same sort of transformation process that all the inklings are.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
In the direct it states inklings goes through a process of growing when they hit 14 they can turn into there humanoid forms.
We can assume octolings are 14 right?
Then what about the rest of the octopi they are still babies

The third form of a inkling and the octotrooper look awfully alike inklings kill octopi before they can even have control of there humanoid forms the inklings are monsters this would explain why there aren't many octolings.
Yes but even though they do look somewhat alike there are clear differences between them, I like the concept of this theory but there just isn't enough evidence to support it.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
This is an interesting theory. If you compare Octarian and Inkling morphology in stages then it does appear that Inklings might have caused the Octarians to "fail to develop" fully to reach the form of Octolings. Only a small percentage of female Octarians can take a humanoid form and become Octolings. However, if you take into account what Capt'n Cuttlefish says and believes, he said that there is something that took place long ago called the "Great Turf War", in which Octarians and Inklings battled for survival. Based on the state of Splatoon, the squids must have won, because they inherited Inkopolis and the Octarians had to retreat to the underworld below.

So, perhaps it was this action that stunted the development of the Octarians to full form, while the Inklings were free to mature normally. This might also be the reason that the Octarian Army has captured the Zapfish in the single player campaign. Maybe the zapfish can help them develop faster? Who knows, but I hope that the Sunken Scrolls that you can find in single player will answer these questions.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
So, perhaps it was this action that stunted the development of the Octarians to full form, while the Inklings were free to mature normally. This might also be the reason that the Octarian Army has captured the Zapfish in the single player campaign. Maybe the zapfish can help them develop faster? Who knows, but I hope that the Sunken Scrolls that you can find in single player will answer these questions.
For that, it's pretty simple--stealing the Zapfish was part of a plan to launch a new offensive against the inklings. Taking them not only robs the Inklings of their primary power supply, but they were also using the Zapfish to power their military facilities and war machines. They were gearing up to start Great Turf War II.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
For that, it's pretty simple--stealing the Zapfish was part of a plan to launch a new offensive against the inklings. Taking them not only robs the Inklings of their primary power supply, but they were also using the Zapfish to power their military facilities and war machines. They were gearing up to start Great Turf War II.
Yeah, as revenge for banishing them to the underground worlds. Makes sense.

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24
hmm...

where can i view this info?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
There's a page of scrolls that says something about "paradise lost" which has these Octarians, so I'm assuming they're adults.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
There's a page of scrolls that says something about "paradise lost" which has these Octarians, so I'm assuming they're adults.
I'm assuming that "Paradise Lost" is referring to that they lost their home when they lost to the Inklings in the Great Turf War.

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24
I'm assuming that "Paradise Lost" is referring to that they lost their home when they lost to the Inklings in the Great Turf War.
This could also hint that inkpolis how ever you spell it was there home before inklings invaded? Then the 100 year turf war happened and the inklings won along with cap n cuttlefish

Howl7

Pro Squid

I believe in your words and not that the octarians are poor babies send to war by the octolings.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I think that's just done for the research lab flavor, they have said other things in the same manner. Though, yes, it is not absolute as phrased.

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24
I hope this is true, this would make the whole campaign worth playing...

ya, I'm twisted...
Or it turns out cap n cuttlefish is actually bad and lied to the inklings.
Cap n cuttlefish disliked the octo and the inklings and octarians lived in peace and harmony but he spreaded a rumour and started the first turf war

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
I actually was thinking for a while about this. I don't think this is so but maybe Octolings are the ones whom created Octarians to do their dirty work. I say this because the Octarians are extremely dumb and there are so many variations of them all seemingly used for battle and only battle. Inklings don't have such variations like this. Inklings and Octarians apparently had a Turf War but maybe it was really Inklings vs Octolings and after a bitter defeat the Octolings come up with some evil plans? Dunno. Something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom