• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inklings are evil?

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Or it turns out cap n cuttlefish is actually bad and lied to the inklings.
Now, THAT I can see...He did always give off that crazy-old-hobo kind of vibe...and he sure looks ragged for a war veteran...and why does he seem to be hiding in that manhole area...questions questions.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Now, THAT I can see...He did always give off that crazy-old-hobo kind of vibe...and he sure looks ragged for a war veteran...and why does he seem to be hiding in that manhole area...questions questions.
Taken at face value, he's down there because he's been keeping tabs on the Octarians since the Great Turf ended. He never trusted them to peacefully resign themselves to the terms of their defeat. Not many Inklings take him seriously anymore, however, as most are too young to have had any direct exposure to the war.

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
And suddenly the cute game about squids and technicolour ink has taken a dark and sinister turn.
I approve, lol

I enjoy these sort of alternative interpretations, and if this were a more typical shooter, I could definitely see this as a plot twist.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I personally think that most of the octarians we see aren't actually whole octarians, but severed legs of one.

I mean, octopi are one of those creatures where, if you chop off a leg, it keeps wiggling for a while, right? They might have used this trait to mass-produce mooks for their armies.

Octolings would be adolescent Octarians, much like the Inklings. And then there's probably some really big boss creatures that provided the legs for the mooks.

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24
I want a review copy so bad now
So I can complete story mode and find out the truth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom