• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis Studio: A Community Content Channel

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Hello everyone. So a few months ago there were some community discussions going on in the Splatoon Central Discord server. These discussions talked about stuff like tournament rules and the community as a whole, competitive and non competitive. During one of those discussions, we talked about content creators and how to help people who want to make content on YouTube. The idea that everyone agreed on was having a channel where people submit their content to be uploaded to be shared with an audience that they don't have on their own channel. This way they can reach new viewers and gain subs by sharing their content on this community channel. Sadly despite everyone liking the idea, no one did anything.

Months passed and the other day I was watching a video that an old friend of mine made. In it he talked about how he got started on YouTube and he mentioned a community channel where he uploaded his videos to. As a result, people saw his video and checked out his channel for more of his content and I suddenly remembered this idea.

I became determined to get this idea started so I contacted a few friends who make Splatoon YouTube content. I reached out to Penguitt, SomeCallMeSarge, and Rocket from Squids Next Door and now, the 4 of us are now running the new community channel. What's it called? Inkopolis Studio as suggested and voted on by the people in our public Discord server (invite will be below).

So how do you get involved? Well you can first join our Discord server. There you'll be kept up to date with the news regarding the channel and it's content. Then, once submissions are open you can either submit yourself or share the links with a friend who does make Splatoon content on YouTube.

What are the rules? Well they're very obvious. No mature content so stuff like videos containing NSFW things, will not be allowed on the channel. Your videos cannot be made with the intent to insult or offend people and finally, the content you submit MUST be your own. No stealing.

And finally, the links. Feel free to share these with anyone you know that makes Splatoon content and would like to assist us.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/014dktsMzA6g6pmdd
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl0NMaJxNjvAHCtw-n_TWIg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/InkopolisStudio

We're still working on getting a logo and banner but once we have those, submissions will be open and you can check the Discord server for info on those. Thank you for checking this out and I hope you check out our channel and share it with your friends.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Then im in. Can you please feature my splatoon gmod the push video?
It is splatoon, but the video is made with the steam game called "Gmod/Garry's Mod"
We'll be doing submissions soon. You'd use a form to submit your video and such

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom