• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Iron Man Kill Challenge

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
So, many people who play Splatoon have definitely come from Smash Bros, and as such many of you may know of the "Iron Man Challenge" where you try to win with every character in the game. Well one day, I thought, "Why not put my own spin on this and combine it with the Kill Challenge?" In an attempt to make the ultimate Kill Challenge, I devised the Iron Man Kill Challenge, where you try to get as many kills as possible/a good k/d with the combined efforts of every weapon in the game.

For those of you who don't know (and it's likely none of you do), the Kill Challenge is a fun little thing I like to do in Splatoon. Basically, I go into Turf War with a weapon of choice and try to get as many kills as possible with said weapon. I try to go for a good k/d, too. I originally started it in September of 2015, and boy has it evolved. It has taken many forms over the many months I've done kill challenges (check out my Miiverse for examples of how), but now I've combined it with the Iron Man Challenge in Sm4sh and my very own time-passing creation. And I want to share it with you guys, because why not?!

Now, you may be saying "well that's a **** move because you're costing your team the match." Actually, no! I've done many of these kill challenges, and I've seen over time that whether or not you win a game as you're doing the kill challenge is entirely dependent on what you do. If, for example, you just shark for kills as a way of cheesing a kill challenge, you will cost your team the match. If you play a match like you're trying to get map control (which you should be doing anyway) but make your goal to go for kills, you probably won't cost your team a match, if you're good with the weapon you're using. Plus, why would you WANT to just shark and get kills? It's the Kill Challenge!!!! Winning doesn't matter! You're performance doesn't always matter! You can lose a kill challenge, but whether or not you win a match doesn't affect ****! Do silly/disrespectful/stylish things. Make dumb choices. Laugh a little. HAVE FUN! That's what the kill challenge was originally made for! So use it as an opportunity to do what I intended to do in it. By the way, if you're thinking "well what about the ranks you're costing people?", every kill challenge is restricted to Turf War, so losing a game has no in-game cost on anyone.

But anyway, the Iron Man Kill Challenge let's you do those things with every weapon in the same kill challenge! And the link to the details are right here, if you want to try it out:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X8BhyMtCJ0oU5dIsejkt7etPQj1mINgAjajFPBYRYgY/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if the link doesn't work. I'll fix it if that's the case.

If you have any questions on the details, please ask them on this thread or message me. I'll answer any that you may have. And if you do plan to take on the IMKC, list your final k/d on this forum post, the "path" you took (mentioned in the details document above), and the breakdown of every individual weapon's k/d (if you want).

Last edited:

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Forget the **** about "paths". There's only one order for the Iron Man Kill Challenge now; I did this earlier today and it's f**king hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom