is 999999 turf inked possible?

The Ana

Inkling
NNID
Timefritters
I saw an S+ rank character in my plaza with a charger with 999999 turf inked... if you could ink an average 800p per game with a charger, and you managed to finish a turf war every five minutes, that's still well over a hundred hours logged with a single weapon, is that even feasible at this point in the game?

HarmonyX

Inkling
NNID
Harmonyflame
Yes

Honestly, i've probably played enough with dual squelcher to have that amount doubled by now. I've logged about 650 hours.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Given I only play on a casual basis (probably on the lesser end) and I already have nearing 800000 on my Jr. It is pretty easily possible if you play long enough. Though I wonder if the score is actually based on turf inked or based on p earned via matches. Cause if so Ranked Matches could drastically accelerate the score's growth.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I can also vouch for that possibility. I've already maxed out my Splash-O-Matic because I've mained it for such a long time I can't even count the hours. It helps that it comes with both Suction Bombs and Bomb Rush, meaning I can take huge swathes of turf in a singe rush.

I think my Neo Splash-O-Matic and Heavy Splatling are going to be next as well, mostly because of how much I like those weapons.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
it really depends on the weapon and how much you play, I'd say - I hit 999999 with my Aerospray RG quite a long while ago, since weapons like these rank up their points pretty quickly. It surely takes much longer with other weapons (and weapon types) though, getting to this point with a Charger is probably rather tough x'D (I'm at 387035 with my E-Liter, but I'm not playing it all the time, so there's that) I have the feeling that person has played really, really much. How do people do that...

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
I've met a brush user and a Krak-on roller user with a score that high.

I've been a regular player since launch, but I don't really have a main weapon. Since Splatnet lists all of our weapon's scores nicely, I added mine up just to see how bad it is and;

I got a whopping 1,182,039p!

So yes, it's possible to get that kind of score if you find a weapon and stick to it!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I hit 999999 with the Splash o matic a long time ago. I used to only use the Splash o matic, and while still love using it, I branched out to other weapons more. My second highest is the Aerospray MG with 332185 turf inked. Followed up by the Neo Splash o matic, and Tentatek Splattershot in the mid 250000s.

D

Deleted Member

I've done it with 3 weapons already. Working on the 4th.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
Yeah, my original main weapon, the Krak-on Roller, has almost 500k turf inked (about 497k) but I barely use it anymore. I switched to the Splat Roller a while back, which has about 693k turf, so overall I've definitely inked over 999,999 turf.

Cyrex

Inkling
NNID
nitr0monkey
Given I only play on a casual basis (probably on the lesser end) and I already have nearing 800000 on my Jr. It is pretty easily possible if you play long enough. Though I wonder if the score is actually based on turf inked or based on p earned via matches. Cause if so Ranked Matches could drastically accelerate the score's growth.
Win bonuses do not count towards the turf inked counter. If you ink 700 points in turf war and win, you'll get 1000 points total but only 700 points will be added to your weapon's turf counter

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I kinda figured it was one of those overtime kinda things. Gaming to the extreme! Wooooo! But seriously, I persoanally don't make a big deal about this because I have fun doing what I do. I splat and cover turf. Fun!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I could probably puff it off with my Hero Shot as it's the only weapon I'll ever use until Level 40 but I prefer not to deal with randoms.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I've seen tons of players in my plaza cover that much ink with the aerospray brothers

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
it really depends on the weapon and how much you play, I'd say - I hit 999999 with my Aerospray RG quite a long while ago, since weapons like these rank up their points pretty quickly. It surely takes much longer with other weapons (and weapon types) though, getting to this point with a Charger is probably rather tough x'D (I'm at 387035 with my E-Liter, but I'm not playing it all the time, so there's that) I have the feeling that person has played really, really much. How do people do that...
I met someone who had logged in 10,000 hours of F-Zero GX about five years after it came out. This means that, if he got the game on release, he averaged about 5 hours of play on that game every day up to that point. (He's one of those Time Trials nuts, and at that time, he was the world champion on most of the courses.)

Win bonuses do not count towards the turf inked counter. If you ink 700 points in turf war and win, you'll get 1000 points total but only 700 points will be added to your weapon's turf counter
I should add that in ranked, it only counts the area inked as well, not the amount of EXP gained at the end of the match.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I have 688866 with my aerospray RG... I think my points are amazing... though I usually always get over 1000 points even when I lose. But that's just amazing...

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
I'm pretty sure that "turf covered" also counts for ranked mode as I barely play turf wars and have over 500,000 points for my Splattershot Pro...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom