• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

is anyone actually going to use pretendo?

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
I think the biggest hurdle for me is making a new account and grinding for levels. eliter unlocks at lvl 18. thats like,,, so many turf wars and I doubt there will be enough players to fill out all the different ranks. I'll still make an account when I have access to my wiiu, I just don't want to get my hopes up
i actually got a lot of games quick
also you can transfer a save from another profile or just download 100% save file and transfer it in, but that is if you are comfortable using mods on your wii u

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
I’ve been trying out the hackless method as well. I have pretty much had the same experience as you. It’s pretty impressive. Really happy with Pretendo so far.

Biggest downside is having to start a brand new save file when going hackless, but I’ve actually been having fun earning everything again (My original save had everything unlocked so it was actually kind of boring to play in comparison). Also the majority of people I’ve played with other than a couple have started over brand new saves as well so I’m not getting crushed by people with proper gear and weapon sets all that much.

The hackless method is definitely worth trying out for anyone who is potentially interested.
thats cool, and it shows that it really wasn’t just luck that i was playing at exactly the right times
…unless we both did but that is probably not that likely

i really did not want to grind for weapons and gear, because i never played splatoon 1 before and wanted to try out all the new stuff so i just got a 100% save and transferred it in. yes, it was with mods which means i could have just done the non-hackless method but i actually haven’t taken out my sd card from my wii u since the last time i tried pretendo and the hackless method is so easy anyway.

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
Is anyone else having a problem where Pretendo is working for other games like Mario kart but when you try Splatoon is gives you the error message 104-2210?
I know Im not the only one with this problem cause somebody else is having the problem in this video

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
Is anyone else having a problem where Pretendo is working for other games like Mario kart but when you try Splatoon is gives you the error message 104-2210?
I know Im not the only one with this problem cause somebody else is having the problem in this video
i have not seen this error before and i tried searching it up and even on pretendo's website
the only thing i found is that 104 is related to spotpass, which was also said by the dev in the comments of that video, which i should have looked at first. they said that it is something that they are still looking into.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I got the same error, although it was working for me before the shutdown of the official network. A ton of people in the pretendo discord get the same thing, and it seems to be in specifically splatoon. I haven't looked into it much but several people in the support forum seem to have solved it so I'd suggest looking there.
Here are a couple relevant threads but there are tons (bc a lot of ppl are having this issue)
link
also a link

Holla

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Holla99
I had this error later on one evening. Not sure if it was because the server was overwhelmed or something else. It worked perfectly fine a few hours before, and I was also able to get on just fine the following day. Maybe try again at a different time to see if you still get the error?

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
Thanks for the help people I am trying the fix now (and by that I mean I am making my brother do it cause I am scared)

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I got it working!!! thanks people this game is great
Where did you put the files for nimbus? (And which files?) I can't figure it out and I can't find anything online about it. Not even in pretendo's own guide

edit: ok nvm im stupid that's not even the right thing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom