Is anyone else experiencing connection issues?

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
Obviously there was a problem last night which received maintenance; but as of today I am still receiving several connection issues. I just got 5 "The connection is unstable" messages in one match before it finally disconnected me at the end; and this has been going on all day for me.

Usually I have no connection problems at all, but as of 2 or 3 days ago it has just been constant to the point where I can't even play for an entire match.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Yeah I had some problems during my last match. Being in EU and playing with seven Japanese people doesnt help much.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
I am experiencing a similar situation. There's no more maintenance yet I cannot stay in a match. On both wired and wireless. After a bunch of messing around I believe I've found the issue at least for me. My service provider cannot ping Nintendo's servers right now and it's been like this since the most recent maintenance. There's going to be more server maintenance on Monday so if you still can't connect by then, the maintenance might fix the issues.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The "unstable connection" errors just started popping up for me. I haven't been able to finish a game.

Is this on my end or are other people experiencing this?

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
"Failed to connect to the partners device" I haven't even been able to START a game...

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
The "unstable connection" errors just started popping up for me. I haven't been able to finish a game.

Is this on my end or are other people experiencing this?
This is what I get. I'll join a match, play for like a minute then that pops up then it tells me either I have no internet connection or I lost connection to the host or whatever

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
This is what I get. I'll join a match, play for like a minute then that pops up then it tells me either I have no internet connection or I lost connection to the host or whatever
Hrm. I was having no problems earlier today. Even an hour ago things were going well. Then all of the sudden, unstable connection right as I'd start a firefight. It was super frustrating.

You said it was a ISP issue? What is your ISP? I have AT&T.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Hrm. I was having no problems earlier today. Even an hour ago things were going well. Then all of the sudden, unstable connection right as I'd start a firefight. It was super frustrating.

You said it was a ISP issue? What is your ISP? I have AT&T.
Comcast here

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
Which parts of the world are you from? I'm experiencing no problems here after the other days servers down fiesta.
I'm from USA, Arizona to be specific; and like the poster above, I am also with COX as well.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
So it seems to be on Nintendo's end, no?
Maybe? Hopefully it all gets fixed at the end of the maintenance. I just got my GamePad back after a month of not having it and I can't even play ;-;

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oy vey... I only managed to finish a single game today (it would've been 2, but the connection crapped out RIGHT as the game ended). Everything other game I've had my connection drop in the first few seconds.

In my case, it would boot me back to the lobby, only for it to then say "A connection error has occured" and boot me back to the plaza. I'm convinced it has something to do with the house printer hogging up the WiFi, but I'm not entirely sure.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I had a few connection errors in lobbies yesterday but no "unstable connection" errors, which are much more maddening. So, fingers crossed things are better...

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Anyone else still have ridiculous connection problems? I can hardly go two matches without "unstable connection" and a disconnect.

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Sorry for the double post.

Just disconnected again while playing with @Quilavaflare and he seemed unaffected. So the problem seems on my end. I've been having trouble getting the disc to load on startup at times. It has never crashed but almost always it has issues reading the disc at the menu screen. Could this be the problem?

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
I've been able to play the last 2 days just fine. After the maintenance on Monday, it seemed to be fixed for me

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, turns out the printer wasn't the problem. I turned it off and I still had ridiculous connection issues; couldn't even connect to Miiverse, even.

It wasn't until I noticed the connection completely die out that I thought to reset my router. After that, it's been smooth sailing. For now

Sparkly Ink

Full Squid
NNID
SparklyGabite
Lots of connection issues for me again tonight. I reset my router and they continued to happen. I live in Las Vegas NV and I have Cox as my internet provider. They are exactly as their name says........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom