• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is having 3+ of the same subs pointless?

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
So I recently acquired a part-time pirate shirt via Spyke with 2 ink recovery ups. When I added another slot to it, I got an ink saver main.

I was planning to use it in this set:
:head_eye005: :ability_damage: :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_tly007: :ability_damage: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksavermain:
Mawcasins:ability_inkrecovery: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
But when I started messing around in the testing area, I noticed no difference in ink efficiency when I switched back and fourth between the Part-time Pirate and my Anchor Sweat (:clothes_swt006: :ability_coldblooded: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:).
My question is, are the diminishing returns so small after 3 subs that it isn't worth it? I have a fit for mini splatling with four run speed ups, and was wondering if I should tweak that too.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
The diminishing returns don't kick in (very much) until you're somewhere around the equivalent of 3 mains of an ability. Triple gear is very popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom