Is having 3+ of the same subs pointless?

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
So I recently acquired a part-time pirate shirt via Spyke with 2 ink recovery ups. When I added another slot to it, I got an ink saver main.

I was planning to use it in this set:
:head_eye005: :ability_damage: :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_tly007: :ability_damage: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksavermain:
Mawcasins:ability_inkrecovery: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
But when I started messing around in the testing area, I noticed no difference in ink efficiency when I switched back and fourth between the Part-time Pirate and my Anchor Sweat (:clothes_swt006: :ability_coldblooded: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:).
My question is, are the diminishing returns so small after 3 subs that it isn't worth it? I have a fit for mini splatling with four run speed ups, and was wondering if I should tweak that too.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
The diminishing returns don't kick in (very much) until you're somewhere around the equivalent of 3 mains of an ability. Triple gear is very popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom