• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is it just me or does the Boy inkling look like a Girl character also?

Mom

Inkling
NNID
NachoCrunk
To be honest I really didn't know this until they announced a "Boy inkling amiibo". They should have just made more character avatars with different hairstyles because the girls look cooler in my honest opinion. I even seen the majority of the online players using them. What do you guys think?

Xtreme765

Inkling
NNID
Xtreme765
So true, I went in knowing there were boys and girls but they all look like girl inklings due to the hairstyle when actually playing.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't think so. I mean, they look male to me. I've never seen anyone mention this before but maybe more people think that?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hmm... I think they both look like Inklings to me. Not sure how a boy or a girl is "supposed" to look like.

MrRoidley

Full Squid
Honestly they don't look that gendered to me, I thought they were genderless until the amiibo were announced
And I agree, they should put more "hairstyle" options

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I see no facial differences between the two in-game, the only reason anyone would assume Inkling gender from their hair would be because of the gender norms society has thrust upon us. That and the fact they are labeled "Boy" and "Girl", I guess, but that just supports my statement.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I think they look like boys, because, as someone said previously in a different thread, the boys and girls have slightly different body and facial shapes. It's subtle, but the differences are there. However, I do not care for the way the boys look very much. The girls do look quite a bit better to me.

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the character models but I think that they might just have different hair styles.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the character models but I think that they might just have different hair styles.
I just noticed now that the girls also have smaller eyebrows, and looking closely I think girls have a more full look, with their limbs slightly fatter than the boys'.

Never noticed until now though, it's really not that drastic. I still thought the boys looked nearly identical to the girls when it showed my team at the start of a match though, besides the obvious hair.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I just noticed now that the girls also have smaller eyebrows, and looking closely I think girls have a more full look, with their limbs slightly fatter than the boys'.
The girls have wider hips and a smaller waist ;)

Crome

Inkling
NNID
sboles66
It's the hair, I think. It's wrapped in a way so it stands up, it looks tribal or something.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
naw looks like a young dude to me. i'll be rolling a dude at launch.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
The facial features of the boy are more masculine, so he looks male to me.

Just A. Hunch

Inkster Jr.
Do I like their design more than the girl design? No, not really. Do I think they look like girls? Definitely not.

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
Nah, the male Inking totally looks like, well, a male to me. Face more masculine, body more straight than the slight curves the girls have. That said, quite a few people I know were under the impression that you could only play as a girl until I pointed that previous info out. (On a side note, I'll be rocking a female Inkling. I think her basic design looks a bit cooler.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom