Is it out of the ordinary i can only play with motion controls on?

Kenshi

Inkling
NNID
Masaki_johnathan
Switch Friend Code
SW-1947-7321-9308
So to be honest when I first played splatoon 1 I had the settings kept on normal aka motion controls it wasn't till my friend told me that I could turn them so I did and I just felt so wrong and did so bad on my movements and stuff so now that I'm playing part 2 I tried again without motion and man I still can't do it is it odd to play like that many pros I see and watch don't use them as far as I see let me know your thoughts and also let me know how you play the game just out of curiosity

manrangan

Inkling
NNID
manrangan
I think most players use motion controls, actually. It helps you aim faster than stick controls and it's more accurate too. It's kind of like the difference between mouse+keyboard and analog stick controls. I use motion controls with the Switch Pro Controller, it's great. I like it a lot more than the motion controls on the Wii U GamePad.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Same, i can't aim with analog, especially in the heat of a battle will swimming through ink.

Strange thing is i'm pretty good with ps4 shooter games with analog, but i just can't seem to use it good on splatoon.

Lazuli

Inkling
Any pro you watch who plays with analog is either ignorant or has been playing console shooters for so many years that they're used to it. Motion controls are the objectively better control scheme, you shouldn't waste time trying to play without it.

SlyBlue

Inkling
I have this problem too. I literally cannot play Splatoon without motion controls anymore at this point. Also, I don't know if it's just me and maybe this is weird but when I try to play analogue now on not just Splatoon, but any game, I get like this really bad motion sickness?? Because I'll naturally move my controller around without meaning to and when the screen doesn't move with my hand motions it really messes with me. It makes me super nauseous and it's incredibly annoying. Maybe I just play Splatoon too much. LOL

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
Hey, let's not give hate to analog players. You can play the game however you want to, it's a game. My teammate (Daze) is an amazing analog charger. Plays very very well.

At the casual level, do whatever you want, it's your game.
At the competitive level, analog is a bit trickier, but some weapons can work with it still.

imo analog and motion players just need to respect each other's decisions.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I played a vast majority of the first game with stick controls. Managed to get to S+ and perform very well in general. However, I also noticed there were plenty of exchanges where it's clear the enemy was using motion, and could beat me. So, in the two months leading up to Splatoon 2's launch I learned motion controls in Splatoon 1. I picked them up pretty quickly and now I find my play, especially with longer range weapons is far better than it was with analogue. I cannot imagine going back to sticks now, I just know I would feel like I was at a disadvantage.

I now always recommend anyone playing the game play with motion, but if someone genuinely finds them uncomfortable, you can perform just fine without them. You just need to compensate for that. To echo what others have said, most people who are really experienced with Splatoon use motion. At this point seeing a Splatoon vet not using motion is the rarity.

Kenshi

Inkling
NNID
Masaki_johnathan
Switch Friend Code
SW-1947-7321-9308
Thank you everyone for your knowledge on the topic, also I am in no way saying one was better then the other of course it always depends on the person, I was just curious if my way of playing was odd or not and what your thoughts on the matter was so thank you

mimgrim

Inkling
NNID
mimgrim
Hai, super new splatter here. Splat 2 is my first Splatoon game but lemme give my personal experience with the motion controls of this game.

First off the only way I can make motion controls feel normalish is with the Joycons separated so that the on in the right hand basically becomes a mini Wiimote which is something I'm partially used to thanks to The Conduit, Using a regular 2 handed controller for motion aiming is just plain weird though. But even then the motion feels kinda off and makes me wish it was like The Conduit with full motion control or something like how BoTW handle motion control when aiming with the bow (being able to use the stick bother horizontally and vertically for wide movement then fine-tuning with motion). But eh, I'll get use to it eventually. Still, makes me wish there was overall more control options for motion then just what is offered (but not having enough options to change control scheme is a problem I've been finding with a lot of games recently). But I'll either get used to it or play at a disadvantage, either or. But yea, my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom