• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is it worth getting perfect rerolls as opposed to 2 desired abilities?

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I saved up my money and hoarded my sea snails and have finally decided to embark on my rerolling adventure. However, is it worth getting a perfect reroll and wasting a lot of time rather than be content with 2 ideal abilities and have more gear of said trait?

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
I saved up my money and hoarded my sea snails and have finally decided to embark on my rerolling adventure. However, is it worth getting a perfect reroll and wasting a lot of time rather than be content with 2 ideal abilities and have more gear of said trait?
Better to have multiple gear options with two desired sub-abilities than only one or two pieces with three, IMO. Get a good variety of gear before focusing on perfect rolls.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
It depends how many sets you want. If you only want one or two loadouts, try to perfect them. If you want a variety of different loadouts, go for "good enough".

Xsyven

Inkling
NNID
HeathM
I always make sure I have two similar pieces of equipment before I start rolling for perfects. For example, I have 2 pairs of shoes with Ink Resistance.

I'll start with the freshest pair, because why not. I'll re-roll until I get at least 2 desired abilities. While the shoes aren't perfect, they still happen to be the best shoes I own, so I don't want to risk re-rolling them again. That's when I'll move onto my second pair. My "don't care" pair. I'll re-roll these shoes until I get what I want. If I get 2 desired abilities again, I just promote these secondary shoes to my main kicks, and I'll start re-rolling that first pair again.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Trying to get 3 rolls on a brand-favored stat take quite a few tries, i'd stick with two subs as long as the extra sub isn't too bad for your setup.

Damandatwin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Damandatwin
IMO it's worth getting the 3... if you get 2 relevant subs on each piece of gear and then something worthless you are basically throwing away the equivalent of 1 main.

GDK

Inkling
NNID
GDKkun
I tend to perfect my gears.

The only exception is for my "ink saver" set with my hat with 2 ink saver (sub) and one ink saver (main) as subs because it's alright to have one main saver.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
The only thing that makes so-called "perfect" gear desirable is that it can be used on multiple builds. If you jumble those sub abilites across a set of perfect gear you have the same effects added up but each individual piece of gear may have abilities that won't be desirable with other gear on a different build.

TCSmith0812

Full Squid
It's never a bad idea to be all around, that way you're never at a huge disadvantage against anyone. I use shooters, and move around A LOT and use inefficient weapons, so I focused on speed and ink efficiency. I use swim and run speed, and ink efficiency and ink regeneration, and that set matches my play style. So if your play style works well with one ability, focus on that. Just don't leave any glaring weaknesses in your set. I replaced my weaknesses, and then added speed, making it very hard to deal with me. That set would not work for snipers though. It's all about how you play.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I have neither the money, nor the time, nor the dedication to get perfect rolls on all of my gear. I am lucky enough to have a few perfect rolls, but in general I try to get get 2 abilities I want and punt on the third. On the third ability, I usually want something that will fit with other gear.

For instance, I have studio headphones with one ink recovery up. I have red hi-tops with one ink recovery up. I often use those in conjunction because I get at least two ink recovery up in a lot of builds, which is helpful. Likewise, I have three pieces of gear with one quick respawn, put them together and I have the equivalent of a "perfect roll."

Would perfect rolls be better? arguably. But this system works for me.

Spiral

Inkling
NNID
SpiralViper
I almost ALWAYS go for doubles instead of triples. In my opinion, having a crapload of doubles is a lot better than just a few triples.

Having a lot of doubles can even work out to make pseudo-triples.

One example. I have a Layered Anchor LS and Traditional Sandals with these abilities:

:ability_runspeed:/:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_specialcharge:
:ability_runspeed:/:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_damage:

I usually use them together, which gives the same effect as two triples.

GDK

Inkling
NNID
GDKkun
In that case the doubles work, but you can also have a double with a third totally useless for you (like bomb throw + when you use subs like wall or beacon).
Like I said I made an exception because I got an ink saver main as the third slot and that works wonders for my set.

Spiral

Inkling
NNID
SpiralViper
In that case the doubles work, but you can also have a double with a third totally useless for you (like bomb throw + when you use subs like wall or beacon).
Yeah, but I have so many doubles that I can make a perfect loadout in almost any situation. I still don't have everything I want, and it would be better if I had more triples, but I'm not really lacking anything (besides swim speed, darn you Spike).

I am still aiming for more triples (and hopefully some quads), but I have a decent inventory with all of the doubles I have.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Like I said I made an exception because I got an ink saver main as the third slot and that works wonders for my set.
True, and that is why a lot of the time going for perfect gear is better. But if you have a wide variety of gear with the same two abilities, you'll often get between four and six of the same perk and you'll get the desired results.

Also, rerolling with getting either a perfect roll or two and a decent third is much less time consuming and expensive.

Water Inkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jojobinki
It depends on what the brand of ur gear and the abilities u want rlly. I'd say if ur brand matches the ability u want, go for it if u already have multiple viable gear sets at ur disposal, but if u happen to not have hat many then just let it go with 2 and move on until u get to that point

Rockin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rockin_Rizon
I feel it's worth it to get perfect rolls, and you're optimizing your weapon's capabilities to the max. Of course, how you combine those gears is up to you, but it's always good to bring out your best in both your weapons and objective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom