Is it worth it to Jump into Splatoon now?

xSoulx

Inkling
NNID
wongl0786
Recently, I've had a lot more free time, so I've been trying to look for a new game/community that I can occupy myself with. Splatoon seems a good candidate to me because I'm a lot more comfortable with competitive Nintendo games. However, I want to know what I would be getting into before I commit to buying Splatoon.

My question is how active this game's community is and will be in the near future. Is this game currently less active/same/more active than a game like Mario Kart 8 is now? Will this community last for months to come?

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Well, there's tournaments every other week at least, so if you can get into a squad then you won't be hurting for tournaments.

Currently the skill difference between the best teams and the up and comers seems pretty vast. Also, the community is still pretty young and still trying to figure a few things out. When all the maps and weapons are finally released I think we will see a resurgence in the competitive scene. I don't expect it to go anywhere for awhile, even if some prominent members have left.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
yes it is worth it. lag, disconnects are really annoying. so be beware of that.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Yes, but be aware Turf War matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired so don't be surprised if the game keeps pitting you against lvl 50 players.

Ranked is a lot more fair in that department, but you'll have to wait untill lvl 10 to get that.

Rockin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rockin_Rizon
Recently, I've had a lot more free time, so I've been trying to look for a new game/community that I can occupy myself with. Splatoon seems a good candidate to me because I'm a lot more comfortable with competitive Nintendo games. However, I want to know what I would be getting into before I commit to buying Splatoon.

My question is how active this game's community is and will be in the near future. Is this game currently less active/same/more active than a game like Mario Kart 8 is now? Will this community last for months to come?
Why can't you just play the game because it's fun? Why does the livelyhood of a community factor so much? Just out of curiosity.

xSoulx

Inkling
NNID
wongl0786
Why can't you just play the game because it's fun? Why does the livelyhood of a community factor so much? Just out of curiosity.
It's honestly a personal thing that I have experienced in the past. I used to play Mario Kart wii and Mario Kart 8 and found that I got bored really quick after completing the offline part of the game (I finished Mario Kart 8 in like a week or 2). It only got fun for me when I joined the competitive community and was able to interact with others while also being challenged.

Since then, I've felt like games are really only worth $50+ if there is a competitive community that I can immerse myself into. I guess that's how I am

Rockin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rockin_Rizon
It's honestly a personal thing that I have experienced in the past. I used to play Mario Kart wii and Mario Kart 8 and found that I got bored really quick after completing the offline part of the game (I finished Mario Kart 8 in like a week or 2). It only got fun for me when I joined the competitive community and was able to interact with others while also being challenged.

Since then, I've felt like games are really only worth $50+ if there is a competitive community that I can immerse myself into. I guess that's how I am

I see. I'll be sure to answer your questions now.

The gaming community is pretty active. there's always someone trying to get better at a particular weapon, or finding the appropriate gear for their weapons. There's a lot of diversity when it comes to these weapons.

As far as if it'll continue, that's something we'll have to see in the future. The community itself is still young, so it'll take some time for things to really develop. However, there's a lot of passionate players. I like to think it'll be good in the future, but it's all up to the community.

Acid

Banned (6 points)
Splatoon is a great game and definetly worth playing for a very long time however the "competitive" community is all but dead so if your getting into this game for that particular reason you will probably be somewhat disappointed with what you find.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Not dead so much as teams are taking a break for December. The only two tournaments were scheduled. Check back in January when things pick back up.

Drip Bam Boozle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sludgetoon
I'm actually kinda glad competitive play hasn't completely swallowed this community alive. From what I've seen the splatoon community is really chill and welcoming to new players, but we're also not super softies like some mario kart forums. :P

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Splatoon is a great game and definetly worth playing for a very long time however the "competitive" community is all but dead so if your getting into this game for that particular reason you will probably be somewhat disappointed with what you find.
>Joined December 15
>1 post

This is a reliable source. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom