Is Map Order Really Random?

Reeze

Inkling
NNID
NedRox
I'm trying to figure this out for Inkipedia, because we want to add a widget on the front page with the current maps, but we don't want to have to update it manually. Has anyone been keeping track of all the map sets and their order so far? If there IS a pattern to when maps appear, I'm sure we'll be able to find it. This is what I've noticed (common sets are denoted by similar coloring:

Arowana Mall and Blackbelly Skatepark
Urchin Underpass and Saltspray Rig
Walleye Warehouse and Blackbelly Skatepark

--(Break for an indeterminate amount of time)--

Walleye Warehouse and Blackbelly Skatepark
Urchin Underpass and Saltspray Rig

--(Break for an indeterminate amount of time)--

Walleye Warehouse and Saltspray Rig
Arowana Mall and Blackbelly Skatepark

From what I've played, I've seen a total of four sets. Can we make this a community project to try and solve? I really don't want to admit that it's actually random. Every piece of information is welcome!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I believe the order is random because of the amount of maps there are. After the update coming in a few hours we will have 6(?) total, so from that point on it could rotate in order. I'll keep a lookout for this and let you know.

Reeze

Inkling
NNID
NedRox
I believe the order is random because of the amount of maps there are. After the update coming in a few hours we will have 6(?) total, so from that point on it could rotate in order. I'll keep a lookout for this and let you know.
I think there would have to be SOME order, because if rotation were completely random, we would have Blackbelly Skatepark (for example) twice or thrice in a row.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
I think there would have to be SOME order, because if rotation were completely random, we would have Blackbelly Skatepark (for example) twice or thrice in a row.
Well they seem to come in pairs, so if that were the case after tonight we should be seeing maps come in sets of 2. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on it

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
I don't think they are random. I think Nintendo researched by simple math which sets will give equal map play maybe changing the order once or twice so that it seems random.

Meloetta

Senior Squid
Yeah. I'd assume it's random but it chooses from predetermined sets, rather than randoming stage 1 and stage 2.
So for instance..
Walleye
Saltspray

Arowana
Blackbelly

Blackbelly
Walleye

Urchin
Blackbelly

It'll just choose out fo the sets. I don't know all the sets, they're just the ones that I remember off the top of my head.
The fact that there's only 5 stages also makes it hard to tell if it's truly random or not, as has been said before. :P

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I believe it's predetermined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom