Is Nintendo being Sneaky?

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
DISCLAIMER: I genuinely have no idea how datamining works. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So in the latest Nintendo direct, the Tenta Brella (which I'm suuuuuuuuper excited for) was revealed, and I couldn't help but notice that it was a weapon that we barely knew anything about (to my knowledge at least), when Nintendo could have announced one of the weapons that we knew a lot about from the datamine like the Tetra Dualies.

Is there a way for Nintendo to control what we can and can't datamine - if so, that could be quite an effective strategy, letting us find just enough to be excited, but not enough to create spoilers for the entire game.

The objective of this thread is twofold:
1. Thoughts on what I've just said
2. Thoughts on the Tenta brella (unless there's a thread for that already)

Stay Woomy!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I mean, Nintendo COULD just not put the Tenta Brella in the code and just put the name in.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Nintendo is kinda weird with storing their data. Did anyone remember that in Super Mario Making there were beta objects of Splatoon 1 in there? Like, how'd they get in there?!

The tenta-brella was already known before nintendo announced it, including a
carbon lightweight variant.
It's just that nobody knew the name for it yet.

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
If I'm not mistaken, this weapon info was already detailed. I'm pretty sure there was a thread that detailed the tenta Brella before it was known publicly. It had a picture of an untextured model as well.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Yeah I saw it.

What I'm saying is that we know a lot more about for example the Glooga Dualies than we do the Tenta Brella.

Also do you guys think the Tenta Brella could be used as portable right-peeking for snipers?

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
It could, however you would have a hard time setting that up efficiently after the initial push or midpush. Without amazing turf control, your other party of 2 is going to get overwhelmed and taken out by the enemy team converging at once, creating 4v2 or 3v2 while you negate one weapon's usage to support a stationary weapon's mobility.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't think anything is intentional, Nintendo is just really weird about a lot of things.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Strictly speaking, we're not supposed to know anything about the unreleased weapons/maps. Why they have that information in the game files before they're due for release is beyond me, but I'm pretty sure they're not the types to leave stuff like that in explicitly for us to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom