missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I love Off-TV mode because it means I don't even have to get out of bed.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
OffTV is a huge thing for me, I share the TV with my gf so in the end the games I end up playing a lot are those that give me the option to switch gameplay to the pad. I know the gamepad is required for some things but they could´ve been easily implemented for OffTV too (use the DPAD for the superjumps, insert the map in a corner). Not having OffTV means I won´t be playing Splatoon as much as I would´ve wanted :(
I share your pain. Share the TV with my girlfriend so it's either play full TV when I'm off and she isn't OR off screen when she's home.

Hard life sharing a TV sometimes lol

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Well, I´ve tried connecting the WiiU to my laptop through a capture card but the result wasn´t any good: the image quality is perfect but there´s 1-2 seconds of delay that makes all games unplayable. In a fast paced game like Splatoon this is not an option. I´m going to search for a better video card to see if I can get the delay to an acceptable value.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Success! I managed to make it work using an Avermedia ExtremeCap U3! The key here is to use a USB 3.0 port (and obviously a USB 3.0 compatible capture card, in this case the ExtremeCap U3), this way the higher bandwidth allows for a lag-free transmission. I have tested it with MK8 and couldn´t appreciate any lag, gameplay was perfect!

Now I will be able to play Splatoon as much as I want!

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
So single player mode has been confirmed to be playable in OffTV mode. For 2 players one will use the Gamepad and the other the pro Controller and the TV. But for online multiplayer, will we be able to just play in the Gamepad without using the TV? I haven´t found any confirmation on this anywhere, though everything points to it not being possible...Can anyone confirm one way or another?

I couldn´t find a better section to ask this in, please move if necessary.
Wait there is off the/co-op for single player?

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Sorry, this was before launch, now it´s confirmed there´s no OffTV in any mode :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom