• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is Splat2n's Final Boss Fight Easy? Or is it Me? *Spoilers*

°Sea Cowie°

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SailorMewn
Switch Friend Code
SW-6832-4486-4403
I was quite distressed when I beat single player in a couple of hours after release. I was even more troubled that the final boss fight just wasn't hard enough! I zoomed through it with a time of roughly 6:30.
The final boss in Splatoon 1 was hard.
And I mean HARD. It took me, and already skilled player, six times. After that, I beat it a few more times. It was easier but not super easy. I'd say it was like any other boss fight- but Spl2n's- gosh.
I finished it like that!
The sound track was lovely- Tidal Rush is what I'd like my theme song to be.
It's funny when I replay it!
But the fact I can beat it with a blaster just really annoys me.
Was it like this for you guys?

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
I think anything compared to Sp1toon’s slog of a final battle would be considered “easier”

Personally I think the way it remixed the first game’s mechanics was not only innovative for the hardware but it was fun and full of life.

Though that said, the bosses in general, including the final one, reeked of a notch down in difficulty, probably to make it more accessable to a younger generation of gamers who might have difficulty with the twitch reflexes needed to beat Octavio.

I will agree with you on the soundtrack, that was lovely.~

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah, I think they toned down the difficulty in favor of a focus on presentation. That said, I did have difficulty at first. I forgot to upgrade my weapon during story mode so I ended up fighting the boss with the bad-fire-rate hero shot, and got two or three R.I.P.'s

I've found though that replaying with charger and splatling isn't as difficult. Maybe because of the extra range to shoot at the fists and keep area inked.

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
The presentation was definitely great, yeah. I get the feeling the lower difficulty was done as a balance concern, so every weapon can complete the boss fight without too much struggle.
That's a true point, I completely forgot about the fact that this was multi-weapon now ahaha

Reactions: the

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
On a similar note, did anyone else have more trouble with the Octo Shower than the final boss? With non-charger weapons anyway. Just wondering.
YES! Octo Shower was an honest-to-goodness tough challenge that I enjoyed with every single weapon except the roller because that was nigh impossible.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
I honestly don't care about difficulty in a game like this. That final boss fight was one of the greatest things I've ever experienced. I literally screamed "BOOYAH!!!" when I saw Callie and Marie singing together again.

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
I honestly don't care about difficulty in a game like this. That final boss fight was one of the greatest things I've ever experienced. I literally screamed "BOOYAH!!!" when I saw Callie and Marie singing together again.
The hype was real, and deserved. I just wish I went into the game not knowing what happened to Callie, because the reveal was something fantastic. Say one thing for the game, they know how to put on a show!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I think anything compared to Sp1toon’s slog of a final battle would be considered “easier”
Yep. A stage long boss fight with multiple boss phases, stage hazards, almost every grunt enemy you ever encountered, and nearly every stage or game mechanic utilized.

Like some sort of test your knowledge final exam thingy. Passing practically made you a slightly above average Splatoon player if you previously hadn't done much of the multiplayer. Otherwise it's a useful training/refresher course on the fundamentals.

This... a single boss phase in an arena where the two of you just slug it out. I kept waiting for the other shoe that never dropped. Instead I was bored.

But I do enjoy the spectacle of it!

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
Like some sort of test your knowledge final exam thingy. Passing practically made you a slightly above average Splatoon player if you previously hadn't done much of the multiplayer. Otherwise it's a useful training/refresher course on the fundamentals.
That's so true! To be honest I was extremely disheartened to find that I had to use the hero shot the first time around, because really the final levels of the game were supposed to be a test in the same way the final boss was a test in the original game; instead it felt like more and more elements kept getting added on. I feel like the addition of multiple weapons spread the game a bit thin on substance, and they would have been greatly served either tacking on a few more worlds to increase story exposition and weapon usage or really just making us use only the hero shot.

Krak Rex

Inkster Jr.
I thought it was too easy honestly. I remembered the final in S1, took a deep breath before I leapt into the portal. But I beat it way to easy. I am not a story guy in most games but I like the bosses in this game. I had no feeling of oh crap I am going to fail.

It's definitely easier, but I think for a reason other than the boss. In my opinion the boss is harder fundamentally, but the last life mechanic added in Splatoon 2 single player saves you. In Splatoon 1, Octavio can one shot you if you don't have armor, he just can't do that in Splatoon 2. If you could play him without the mechanic, I imagine he would be much more difficult. The other thing is that the map is considerably more open to allow for movement, and you don't have to last as long, but I don't remember taking nearly as many rocket punches in the first game.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
Now I'm imagining having to refight the final boss of splatoon 1 instead of splatoon 2's every time I wanted to unlock a new hero replica weapon for multiplayer.

Just the thought of it fills me with despair. *shivers* *faints*

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It wasn't super easy beating the DJ this time around with an un-upgraded hero-shot.

But it was definitely easier because of the open circle arena and more forgiving armor system in Spla2, as a few have already pointed out.
And the songs are not as good as Spla1's, still fresh to death though.
AND no octoling armor set =[
I want those hypno-shades so bad, I completely understand why Callie keeps putting them on.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
On a similar note, did anyone else have more trouble with the Octo Shower than the final boss? With non-charger weapons anyway. Just wondering.
Yeah, to me, the Octoshower was the most difficult boss, especially without a charger...and I was disappointed by most of the bosses in this game altogether. Honestly, my favorite and most fun fight was the first one...

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Yeah, I feel like the encounter with DJ Octavio is way easier this time around. The difficulty never really properly ramps up, and it pulls all of its tricks early on.

Aside, man it was kind of disappointing. I think I would have preferred the endboss just being Callie. Like, open with Octavio running up to you, explaining that he brainwashed Callie but now she's out of control and you have to stop her. He could point out the weaknesses or whatever. Or do nothing at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom