• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is Splat2n's Final Boss Fight Easy? Or is it Me? *Spoilers*

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I used Currling bombs to make lanes to escape ... The Octoshower, I only used A level 2 hero shot. DJ Octavia was patched to make him easier in the first game, so we can't forget that also.

The fight was fine and it was great way to end the hero Mode.
I really liked the new song.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Aside, man it was kind of disappointing. I think I would have preferred the endboss just being Callie. Like, open with Octavio running up to you, explaining that he brainwashed Callie but now she's out of control and you have to stop her. He could point out the weaknesses or whatever. Or do nothing at all!
Eh, I wouldn't have it that way. There's no way he would let her usurp him.

But yes, like I said in one thread I created here, it feels like Callie was just there for literally nothing. All it did was make both sisters' roles in this story look like even more of a last-minute decision that came way late in development. The fact that Octavio is so laughably easy this time just make that whole thing feel even more pointless.

I still can't tell whether or not that pic of both sisters together at the end of the credits is supposed to make us feel better about it. "Thank you for playing"? It still feels like it should say "F*** you for playing".

Even both their amiibo use afterwards seems like a half-hearted attempt at an apology for their parts in the story.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Yeah, I feel like the encounter with DJ Octavio is way easier this time around. The difficulty never really properly ramps up, and it pulls all of its tricks early on.

Aside, man it was kind of disappointing. I think I would have preferred the endboss just being Callie. Like, open with Octavio running up to you, explaining that he brainwashed Callie but now she's out of control and you have to stop her. He could point out the weaknesses or whatever. Or do nothing at all!
Yeah but... how would they explain her being any different from another inkling then in terms of durability. Would they just give her a huge bar of health and Octoling combat patterns and call her a boss? That's about as original as the Waddle Dee boss from Kirby games. It would basically just be a 1v1 Turf War on a circular flat boss arena. Also, even if you did manage to beat her, I don't see any spawn points around there for anyone except Agent 4. You're trying to NOT murder her.... Oh, and Octavio would still be free if he did absolutely nothing, so then we would all still be doomed.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
I feel like the only person here who didn't hate this game's ending. Then again, I was too busy praying to mai boi Arceus that Marina wasn't the traitor that the game was building up to because holy **** that would've had horrible implications about Splatoon's lore and messages.

I swear to god the Octo Shower with the Herobrush brings back horrible memories.
Glad I'm not wasting my damned time with unlocking the Herobrush replica then.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Yeah but... how would they explain her being any different from another inkling then in terms of durability. Would they just give her a huge bar of health and Octoling combat patterns and call her a boss? That's about as original as the Waddle Dee boss from Kirby games. It would basically just be a 1v1 Turf War on a circular flat boss arena. Also, even if you did manage to beat her, I don't see any spawn points around there for anyone except Agent 4. You're trying to NOT murder her.... Oh, and Octavio would still be free if he did absolutely nothing, so then we would all still be doomed.
I don't mean Callie without any kind of modification. Just her in a cool octoling rig of some kind with some neat level tricks.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
I feel like the only person here who didn't hate this game's ending. Then again, I was too busy praying to mai boi Arceus that Marina wasn't the traitor that the game was building up to because holy **** that would've had horrible implications about Splatoon's lore and messages.
What was it that you liked about the game's ending? It feels like Nintendo baited us by having the Squid Sister subplot ultimately mean nothing in the end.

When it looks like Nintendo does care about story at first, after a while, they kinda...don't. Are they even aware of people's reactions to the end and how anticlimactic it turned out to be? That's what patches and updates are for, right?

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
What was it that you liked about the game's ending? It feels like Nintendo baited us by having the Squid Sister subplot ultimately mean nothing in the end.

When it looks like Nintendo does care about story at first, after a while, they kinda...don't. Are they even aware of people's reactions to the end and how anticlimactic it turned out to be? That's what patches and updates are for, right?
I don't think that a patch or update can overhaul the entire ending of the game, especially if you wanted them to change a lot of the campaign to make the Squid Sisters Subplot more relevant, because that may as well be a completely new game.

It was a satisfying ending. Callie and Marie have been reunited, Octavio is behind glass again, and the Great Zapfish is back. Agent 3 and Cuttlefish have probably found something worth looking at in the future, and that gives us something to look forward to. I think that the problem here isn't Nintendo failing to measure up, it's that people are setting their standards too high.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Well, yeah.

But...but...
Even after you beat it, Callie is STILL nowhere to be seen. Even Marie there will say, "Ugh, where did Callie run off to now?! She's impossible to keep track of..." Now it just makes it look like it was all for nothing. They can't patch her to appear in Octo Canyon later after you take care of it?

...Okay, more like she's probably off doing that thing that sunken scroll 21 says she does.

And after you do beat it, you get to use both their amiibo. So that makes up for that, at least??

Other than that, I do find it a bit disappointing that Cuttlefish makes no appearance in this game at all; I really like that guy. I wonder...

EDIT: And to be fair, Marie doesn't show up that much in Octo Canyon. When you come back to the shack from a level or another sector, you'll find that she won't even be there (thus leaving Octavio unattended, which in turn...). She tends to disappear there quite a bit, or sometimes teleport from one part of it to another behind your back.

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Well, yeah.

But...but...
Even after you beat it, Callie is STILL nowhere to be seen. Even Marie there will say, "Ugh, where did Callie run off to now?! She's impossible to keep track of..." Now it just makes it look like it was all for nothing. They can't patch her to appear in Octo Canyon later after you take care of it?

...Okay, more like she's probably off doing that thing that sunken scroll 21 says she does.

And after you do beat it, you get to use both their amiibo. So that makes up for that, at least??

Other than that, I do find it a bit disappointing that Cuttlefish makes no appearance in this game at all; I really like that guy. I wonder...

EDIT: And to be fair, Marie doesn't show up that much in Octo Canyon. When you come back to the shack from a level or another sector, you'll find that she won't even be there (thus leaving Octavio unattended, which in turn...). She tends to disappear there quite a bit, or sometimes teleport from one part of it to another behind your back.
Marie randomly appears in any of the sectors in Octo Canyon. Also, if you fight DJ Octavio a second time, you'll find out where Callie went.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Marie randomly appears in any of the sectors in Octo Canyon. Also, if you fight DJ Octavio a second time, you'll find out where Callie went.
So she somehow willingly decides to put the hypnoshades back on because "they look good on her", even if she is aware of their effects? Any excuse for a rematch, right?

But if Octavio is snowglobed and the Great Zapfish is in the Square (granted, the first game already did this) - and they both come back here during the rematch - then how does this prevent Callie from staying in Octo Canyon? Was her part in the story really added that late or what?
(Octavio's escape isn't even brought into question either. Or did he get her into it again himself? He did say he "RE-remixed her brain", after all.)

Last edited:

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
On a similar note, did anyone else have more trouble with the Octo Shower than the final boss? With non-charger weapons anyway. Just wondering.
I'm currently struggling against that jerk with the dualies...

But yeah, the final boss is easier, but I agree, that is because you have 9 weapons to use against it. And the presentation (specially the music) is amazing, for me, it felt like a true finale.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
So she somehow willingly decides to put the hypnoshades back on because "they look good on her", even if she is aware of their effects? Any excuse for a rematch, right?

But if Octavio is snowglobed and the Great Zapfish is in the Square - and they both come back here during the rematch (granted, the first game already did this) - then how does this prevent Callie from staying in Octo Canyon? Was her part in the story really added that late or what?
(Octavio's escape isn't even brought into question either. Or did he get her into it again himself? He did say he "RE-remixed her brain", after all.)
Knowing Callie, she would willingly put them on. Inkling culture is pretty hedonistic, so I wouldn't be surprised. As for Octavio, she probably put them on first, then let him out as a result. He's just saying he "Re-Remixed her brain" as a way of taking credit for it, a way of showing a more egotistical side of his character.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Well, he is able to break out on his own without anyone's assistance, whenever he wants to.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Rematch him in the first game. Cuttlefish does point out that he did that.

Still doesn't explain why Callie never shows up in Octo Canyon after beating it all. To the point where we forget that she's even in the game.

Was the amiibo use after beating it supposed to be a consolation prize? I guess it is for just this reason that it only works after Octo Canyon is cleared.

Last edited:

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Rematch him in the first game. Cuttlefish does point out that he did that.

Still doesn't explain why Callie never shows up in Octo Canyon after beating it all. To the point where we forget that she's even in the game.

Was the amiibo use after beating it supposed to be a consolation prize? I guess it is for just this reason that it only works after Octo Canyon is cleared.
I will NEVER forget Callie.
Also, that's the case with a lot of games. You supposedly get some character back but then they're nowhere to be seen even after the story. That's just how it is.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
Oh, right. There are many examples of that I can think of.

On another note, I too am of the line of thought that it's still very glaring how Off the Hook didn't get any extra character development.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Oh, right. There are many examples of that I can think of.

On another note, I too am of the line of thought that it's still very glaring how Off the Hook didn't get any extra character development.
The game has been out for less than a month. Give them time.

Eshuan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MrEshan
Switch Friend Code
SW-7366-9633-2213
yeah, it is very VERY easy compared to the last game, since its just another boss fight against a scary monster in a circular arena. Cinematically it is great, Callie switching sides mid fight, and the rainmaker segment, but it is just dodge the spinning punches and the shower attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom