• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is Splatoon just about out of stuff to make new weapon classes out of?

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I've been wondering about this for a while now and it's occured to me that if the trend is to make weapons out of stuff that has something to do with using liquid, it's probably been used in one form or another. Look at all the classes we have now. We have shooters, rollers ect and I'm hard pressed to come up with something that wouldn't already fit under an already existing class. What do you think?

Cephalobro

While it may seem that way, Nintendo comes up with ideas that we didn't even think of. I for one haven't expected something like the Painbrush. So they might come up with something completely opposite to what we would usually think.

Some weapons aren't based around the theming of liquids, the Dualie Squelchers, for example, look more like two power drills rather than something related to liquids. So Nintendo could totally come up with one not necessarily having to abide by the liquid theming for the weapon.

Tac

Inkster Jr.
As for liquid based weaponry, I think they could take the aerospray a step further and make a weapon class based around aerosol paint, spraying clouds of ink as opposed to droplets. Something like a spray paint flamethrower or a fan that mists ink. I'm not sure how this would be handled gameplay wise though. I've never played the game, but maybe it could work like tf2's pyro class?

Also I think it's worth noting that splatanas and stringers don't work at all like their real life inspirations in swords and bows, there's definitely room outside of just liquid themed weaponry. If they can make sword can shoot ink, then I think there's still lot of ideas left for them to use. There's also the gameplay component to consider. Thematically, dualies are basically just 2 shooters instead of one, but are differentiated from them by handling differently. Maybe they could make a roller-like class with a dash that gives it a quick speed boost, to catch someone of gaurd and roll over them quickly.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
As for liquid based weaponry, I think they could take the aerospray a step further and make a weapon class based around aerosol paint, spraying clouds of ink as opposed to droplets. Something like a spray paint flamethrower or a fan that mists ink. I'm not sure how this would be handled gameplay wise though. I've never played the game, but maybe it could work like tf2's pyro class?

Also I think it's worth noting that splatanas and stringers don't work at all like their real life inspirations in swords and bows, there's definitely room outside of just liquid themed weaponry. If they can make sword can shoot ink, then I think there's still lot of ideas left for them to use. There's also the gameplay component to consider. Thematically, dualies are basically just 2 shooters instead of one, but are differentiated from them by handling differently. Maybe they could make a roller-like class with a dash that gives it a quick speed boost, to catch someone of gaurd and roll over them quickly.
I agree and I think they could definitely split up shooters into a couple more classes. The Aerosprays and the Nozzlenose family including the Squeezer seem to function completely different from the other shooters. It's not like there isn't precedent for it. They made the Dual Squelcher into dualies and finally separated the blasters into their own class along with brushes which I think should have been done from the beginning. If they did that shooters would still be the most numerous class, but at least they wouldn't have almost twice as many weapons as the class with the second most number of weapons is chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom