• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is splatoon still worth buying?

BROSAMA

Inkling
Hi everyone I just got into splatoon even though the game has been out for like 2 years and 2 just came out a couple days ago, but I'm wondering if the first game is still worth getting and playing because I don't have a switch and won't get one for a while. Will the multiplayer community still be active with people moving over to 2 now? I want to figure this out before I decide to buy it.

Novakobx22

Inkling
I haven't played Splatoon 1 in a long time, but I do know people still play Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) online, so I would figure it would be the same case with Splatoon. Until the Wii U online servers get shut down (if they do), there will still be people playing online on the Wii U, so don't be afraid to buy S1.

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
Yes the multiplayer community is still active. I don't own a Switch so I've been playing the first game a lot recently. I have noticed that (sometimes) it takes a little longer than usual to find people for a battle, but yes many people are still playing the first one.

Even so, you'd probably still wanna get the first one to play through singleplayer mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom