• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is splatoon still worth buying?

BROSAMA

Inkling
Hi everyone I just got interested in splatoon even though the game has been out for like 2 years and 2 just came out a couple days ago, but I'm wondering if the first game is still worth getting and playing because I don't have a switch and won't get one for a while. Will the multiplayer community still be active with people moving over to 2 now? I want to figure this out before I decide to buy it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It's hard to say really. I am sure the community for Splatoon 1 will have been badly diminished by the release of 2, but there are a lot of people who likely have not gotten a Switch yet because they are so rare, who also have Splatoon. Splatoon 1 is still a perfectly great game, if you can get it for cheap, I would highly recommend it. But just a few warnings before you go and get it.

Most of the playerbase will be very skilled at the game. The level cap is 50, and I can guarantee most of the people you encounter will be around there by now. So if you are willing to put up with being challenged pretty hard early on, then go for it.

For the other warning, this is a bit of a less likely thing to worry about, but hackers will likely become more commonplace in that game now that Nintendo isn't paying much attention to the Wii U. They actually just put out a big update to the system which helped hinder hackers for Wii U games in general apparently, but knowing hackers, they will find a way around it pretty soon.

Lazuli

Inkling
I still play Splatoon and it's still fairly active. People will definitely migrate over to Splatoon 2 as time goes on, it's just unclear how long it will take. If you can realistically save up $360 for Splatoon 2 and a Switch I would do that, but if not then I think finding a used copy of Splatoon 1 would be worth it.

KrackHead

Inkling
If you can find a used copy of Splatoon and you already have the Wii U, then yeah, pick it up. It will at least get you familiar with the mechanics of the game while you wait to get Splatoon 2. But you don't already have a Wii U and you can't find the game for cheap, I wouldn't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom