Is the Ink-chu too powerful?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
No, I actually think the Ink-chu will be fairly easy to avoid.

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
I think I would apreciate a variation of this weapon that went under ink instead of above it.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Oh man jumping over it looks hilarious, gotta be brave! Won't work if it's close to exploding and if you miss time it you're splatted, but that's great.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i think the seeker bomb/ink bombchu is a good sub for mobility, but people are forgetting that in order to use it, you're giving up another sub weapon, and you already have mobility options

you can already gain speed as fast or faster than this by splatterhopping, or if you don't want to use a technique, then spraying ink in front of you or trailing the ink left behind by your rollers or chargers on your team. not to mention it only travels a set distance before it detonates and after that you've lost more ink from the cost of setting it down and covered less distance than if you splatterhopped or splatdashed

there's also other good sub weapons, such as the default ink bomb that has a wide radius and one hit kill that's going to be great for area denial, as well as the ink wall that creates a metaphorical and possibly literal barrier the other team is going to have to surmount before they get to you, and you can actually find quite a few good spots for it on maps where it's really going to hinder the other team's ink coverage (such as in projared's splat zones gameplay where someone threw one next to the slope in warehouse)

it's a good sub and mobility option since it's basically laying down a little splat roller to cover the area in front of you (if you're not in the presence of the other team,) but it is a crutch, and players are going to a more adaptable sub as they get better at moving around and controlling the map

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Maybe the amount of damage it takes to destroy it is fairly low, maybe all it takes is a shot or two to destroy it

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
  1. you can jump over it
  2. it sucks up nearly ALL the user's ink, so they're super vulnerable at this point since you know for a fact they're going to be in Squid form
  3. it seems like it can take damage and be destroyed
That's not to say this is a bad sub though, it looks super duper useful and maybe too good if someone went in stacking Ink Saver perks. It can be used in choke points where the enemy can't see it coming, so it's a matter of using it intelligently, which i can see happening when we hit high level play.

It's good, very good, but beatable and with drawbacks. I''m really loving how balanced this game is looking.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Maybe the amount of damage it takes to destroy it is fairly low, maybe all it takes is a shot or two to destroy it
A possibility, but having a close range weapon may not be a good idea for it, if it makes it explode in the opposing teams color right before your face.
If it simply destroys it by breaking it down without exploding, it might be worth it more, i don't know if there is a video demonstrating if the inkchu is breakable.

But considering that it also runs on ink like the splashwall, i think it's very likely that it can be shot down, if it's true the outcome of what happens next if it explodes or not may determine this better if it's worth shooting it or jumping out of the way, or simply find a safer way to dodge it.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
A possibility, but having a close range weapon may not be a good idea for it, if it makes it explode in the opposing teams color right before your face.
If it simply destroys it by breaking it down without exploding, it might be worth it more, i don't know if there is a video demonstrating if the inkchu is breakable.

But considering that it also runs on ink like the splashwall, i think it's very likely that it can be shot down, if it's true the outcome of what happens next if it explodes or not may determine this better if it's worth shooting it or jumping out of the way, or simply find a safer way to dodge it.
if you can shoot it it will at least mean it can't be used super willy nilly. the explosion won't be large enough if you're already firing in its direction (and they aren't up next to you, and if they are they'd probably just use their main instead anyway) when they make it, meaning throwing down inkchu's willy nilly won't do as much as throwing a splat bomb at an aware opponent. it's pretty easy to dodge even if you can't shoot it, but that means you could be putting yourself in a worse position so the inkchu doesn't splatter you, leading to your untimely splatting in another way, or at least ceding space.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
I'm sure it will be fine. people have already listed the pros and cons. I won't make another list. One thing I did notice no one else has mentioned yet is that after you use it it applies a timer on your ability to refill ink. Even if you go into squid form imediately after you have to wait for that cool down before you can gain more ink.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I think it's way too early to be calling anything OP or too weak. The game isn't even out yet! All we have are select few matches from the privileged few in the press and the devs.

Gotta wait until the people start playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom