• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

is there a support forum?

Tirednoob

Inkling
NNID
Tirednoob
hi gang,
recently bought a wii-u

i keep having connection issues with splatoon online.
it regularly looses connection and im kicked out the game.

Is it me? or is it the nintendo servers?

appreciate any feedback.
im contemplating a wired network connection but im not sure its me.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Almost everyone will tell you "get better internet"..But honestly, it's not just that..Nowhere in my house, even right next to the modem or router with no other device connected to the wifi, gives me any better service. It's Nintendo..Watch any Wii U review video and you'll see very soon that it's got among the worst hardware of any recent gaming system, and is known for disconnecting on tons of online stuff.

The best idea is if you can, get a wired connection going.

Nintendo will also not do anything about it. They will tell you to send it in with a huge risk of losing all your save files..And they won't even fix it. They will say they are going to check it to see what's wrong, then send it back saying there's nothing wrong, with all your files gone..Not worth it.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I'm not saying you got bad internet, but could you check your interent speeds? At my home we get 50mbps and I rarely get a disconnect.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
I'm not saying you got bad internet, but could you check your interent speeds? At my home we get 50mbps and I rarely get a disconnect.
Idk what to look at to get that information..Everything I read is just telling me where to go to get my speed tested, but not which area ON the test is the number I need to look at..I get 3 numbers on a test..PING, Download Speed and Upload Speed..all 3 are very different numbers..So how do I know which one it is?

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Idk what to look at to get that information..Everything I read is just telling me where to go to get my speed tested, but not which area ON the test is the number I need to look at..I get 3 numbers on a test..PING, Download Speed and Upload Speed..all 3 are very different numbers..So how do I know which one it is?
all are equally important.

Tirednoob

Inkling
NNID
Tirednoob
i get 500kbps down and 35 up, the upload speed isnt the best, fibre isnt available.
router is right below the wii u so its not that. does anyone have any suggestions on a compatible wired connection? amazon reports certain chipsets a usb to wired network connection is possible. how on earth do i identify the chipset?

Tirednoob

Inkling
NNID
Tirednoob
ok its official the game is pigging me off now ! im 600pts off level 11. ever since they announced the splatfest i have compeleted 3 online battles.

how does one identify the chipset? the wireless lan is doing my head in. strangly enough it works on mario cart 8 !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom