Is there a way of resetting sub abilities on cuttlegear clothing?

AbsentPlayer

Full Squid
NNID
absentplayer
So this afternoon, I was just testing what it would be like to scrum for sub abilities. I tried to get my Octo shirt to have 3 swim speed subs; obviously, it it didn't work the first time so copied my system file back on to the USB. That didn't work out and I tried to level it up again without knowing that it failed and now I'm stuck with an Octo Shirt that has a useless special saver sub and s I can't, to my knowledge, order with spyke to get it back to how I want.is there any way of resetting or re.rolling what I have? I've noticed the mistake in the title but I can't change it now

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So this afternoon, I was just testing what it would be like to scrum for sub abilities. I tried to get my Octo shirt to have 3 swim speed subs; obviously, it it didn't work the first time so copied my system file back on to the USB. That didn't work out and I tried to level it up again without knowing that it failed and now I'm stuck with an Octo Shirt that has a useless special saver sub and s I can't, to my knowledge, order with spyke to get it back to how I want.is there any way of resetting or re.rolling what I have? I've noticed the mistake in the title but I can't change it now
You actually can change the thread title. Look for something called thread tools which is in between the title and the thread itself. There's an option to change the title there.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
You should be able to reroll its abilities just like any other gear, just get 30000p or a Sea Snail and pay a visit to Spyke.

AbsentPlayer

Full Squid
NNID
absentplayer
While that is true. I'm trying to get triple swim speed on a shirt with a neutral brand. The odds of getting a triple on a neutral brand is low enough but getting the abilities I want is a completely different question. That's why I'm trying to get each swim speed individually ; it's much more reliable which is why I'm wondering 'if I can either reset the ability or rerolling that single abilities on its own

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
While that is true. I'm trying to get triple swim speed on a shirt with a neutral brand. The odds of getting a triple on a neutral brand is low enough but getting the abilities I want is a completely different question. That's why I'm trying to get each swim speed individually ; it's much more reliable which is why I'm wondering 'if I can either reset the ability or rerolling that single abilities on its own
That does not work. The moment you own a peice of gear, its slots are determined. The only way to get slots on cuttlegear is to level it up and reroll.

Getting a pure on cuttlegear is like 1 in 2500, but if you do 2 subs and then one odd sub, then have another peice of gear with two odd subs and one swim speed, your chances of getting them increase by a ridiculous amount. Save scumming that is very possible.

AbsentPlayer

Full Squid
NNID
absentplayer
So all is not lost! But you're also saying that scumming each sub ability individually is Impossible. Well I wasted 2 hours of the morning today. Thanks for the info.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
So all is not lost! But you're also saying that scumming each sub ability individually is Impossible. Well I wasted 2 hours of the morning today. Thanks for the info.
The only way to roll an individual slot is by backing up your save file before purchasing a 2-slot copy from Spyke and leveling the 3rd slot repeatedly. This is not possible on Cuttlegear because you cannot order Cuttlegear.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
The moment you own a peice of gear, its slots are determined.
That's interesting, because that conforms to my experience: unlocking the subslots for the first time is actually reproduceable (but rerolls are not). Can you elaborate on that, e.g. what determines the subslots?

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Can you elaborate on that, e.g. what determines the subslots?
Just RNG when you purchase or roll gear.

IIRC, the data structure for gear is gearID, slots unlocked, slots leveled, slot1 value, slot2 value, slot3 value, new! icon, experience points. I think I'm missing something and maybe the order. Either way, those slots values are just assigned a hex value of 0-12, and eaxh of those 13 numbers relate to an ability.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Just RNG when you purchase or roll gear.

IIRC, the data structure for gear is gearID, slots unlocked, slots leveled, slot1 value, slot2 value, slot3 value, new! icon, experience points. I think I'm missing something and maybe the order. Either way, those slots values are just assigned a hex value of 0-12, and eaxh of those 13 numbers relate to an ability.
Ah okay, good to know! Thanks for clearing that up, I always wondered about this. Even if you might have missed something. at least having a general idea how it works internally is actually satisfying. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom