Is there a way to counter a squad with quick respawn + stealth jump in Tower Control?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2

I recommend starting at 11:00 to see its effect.

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
You have to mess with their jumps timing to splat em all so they can't chain jumps anymore. Don't kill em one by one but take them out all at once (inkstrike, killer wail etc.)

Hard without the right weapons./specials. I think that strategy is a bit unfair.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
1. blasters
2. rollers
3. kraken
4. wall
5. wail
6. wait (splat 4 at once)
7. counter-chain with traps (fire with fire)
8. just stand on the tower
9. watch the air over their spawn

This is one of those strategies that tests how adaptable teams are. If you can adapt, there are many super easy ways to shut it down. It only works if you just keep blindly killing them without realizing that you aren't doing anything useful.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Lol, this "tactic" is extremely annoying if they time it right. It's stupidly effective though. So, whoever discovered this, is both evil, and genius, and I must applaud them on their efforts.

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
Lol, this "tactic" is extremely annoying if they time it right. It's stupidly effective though. So, whoever discovered this, is both evil, and genius, and I must applaud them on their efforts.
I would say TD somewhat discovered it or at least made it known. :P We were doing it just to troll, but then we started to win squad battle after squad battle with it and our outlook changed.

About countering it, a lot of people say splat them at once, but we have learned to never have 4 people near tower ever. We communicate when we are going to die and tell them to jump just before it happens. Countering it is as simple as blasters, rollers, walls, bombs. It's tedious but you can slowly push it back. Having a roller roll around the tower constantly can be a good idea and always having bombs and fire on the tower. This strategy honestly isn't all that great in it's base form (except on trigger fish). On other maps choke points can be very difficult to break through with jumps and if the enemy gets the lead ever regaining it can be tough as long as they stay patient. Eventually people will learn to counter it and a hybrid version will end up being adopted. We aren't working on a hybrid version at all. :P

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@Filo ITA i don't think it's that unfair. you need some really good timing and team communication to pull this of.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
i freaking lost it at 2dos' stream that my i scared my mom. i was laughing like a freaking maniac for a solid 10 minutes. this is one of those once in a lifetime events that you just have to savor.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
They have two main weaknesses

1. They have lots of trouble charging their specials
2. Even with stealth jump, they are vulnerable as you still know the approximate landing position.

Best choice is to open fire and splat them from afar until your team can push with your specials. Try to stay alive and you already have a major offencive bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom