• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is this game starting to lose steam already?

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
A lot of it might be your own connection or interfering signals. If you live in apartments or in heavily populated area and everyone else has wifi and your wii is using your wifi, even if you aren't sharing your connection your wii is getting interference. The only way I was able to get around that is to buy a usb Ethernet adapter and directly hook up my wii u and delete the wireless connection setting. I rarely ever get any errors and only the occasional lagging. I have even had times where everyone else on my team got an error but since my signal was so strong I was the only one left (ended up being 1 v 1 ranked... intense to say the least).

As far as loosing steam, with someone people probably. I imagine more and more people are playing story mode and amiibo challenges. I don't mind only 2 maps per 4 hours though. I do think they should increase levels. No point in playing turf war after level 10, especially of you are skilled and can easily hold your own/pull your weight against level 20s, which I have seen plenty of.

At first I didnt like the fact you couldnt fight with clans in ranked. But the more I play, the more fun it is that way. It could get way too serious otherwise and nintendo seems to want to keep this game as light as possible. Sure its frustrating but you also never know what you are going to get or who on your team.
i have a usb lan adapter. no one else uses the internet here and my network is secured. happens during the day and night. i can stream just fine with no interruptions/dropped frames even when i don't stream i get unstable connections/error messages...on tuesday alone i had like 10 in 3 hours of gameplay. don't have this issue in any other online game i play. *shrug*

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
i have a usb lan adapter. no one else uses the internet here and my network is secured. happens during the day and night. i can stream just fine with no interruptions/dropped frames even when i don't stream i get unstable connections/error messages...on tuesday alone i had like 10 in 3 hours of gameplay. don't have this issue in any other online game i play. *shrug*
No idea why its buggy for you then I have never experienced that many errors outside of global test fire.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
There's two new maps out since launch, new weapons, more content on the way. I'd like to think people would stick around for all of that.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
I've been putting in around 3 hours per day after work for the past 2 weeks or so (except last night, came back tired from another event). Only 1 out of 25 games or so does it take longer than 30 seconds for me to start a game, and I'm still playing Turf War only.

Also hi!

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I think OP's question is a bit moot for several reasons. One reason no one has directly mentioned already is that not everyone who will eventually be playing the game even has it yet (still very new). Also, remember perspective is important when gauging the activity in a global game. There are other regions, and people are playing at different times across the world.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
Considering there is a steam sale going on right now and ive personally purchased 14 games... i have a lot of other things to play at the moment..but i still get the itch to splatsplatsplatsplat... alsas, i havent played in at least a week. I really should go back on...

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Are you using the bot in the Summer Game for free trading cards to sell?
I am
Shantae is pretty fun

FloatingMew

Inkling
NNID
FloatingMew
After playing it nonstop for the first week of release and playing half the single player missions a second time for the scrolls. I've been worn out. I still play the game about an hour a day but that isn't even close to my play time the first week. I may start playing a lot again to get to A+ in splat zones soon, now seems like a good time since they just released Kelp Dome which is quickly becoming my favorite map.

lovegun91

Inkling
NNID
mangamusicfan
I think the game does fine, still easy to get in full rooms.
Yes the hype is gone, but that doesn't mean people are not playing it look at the miiverse community still many people posting every minute.
I think it's yust lack of content when new stuff is released the rest will follow.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I turn it on every morning to check for nee stock and play until I earn 30 000 gold in order to finance Spyke's drug habit but I don't do any more than that because I don't have the time. I'll probably be on it all day when Splat fest goes down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom