• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is this normal?

Spoopz

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0778-7448-8093
alot of the players are kids
kids have to listen to their guardian
sometimes the guardian calls and doesnt understand you cANT PAUSE IN AN ONLINE GAME

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
For cheaper, people can get a Titan One or Two and do the same thing better (my wife uses the Titan One to play with a PS4 controller because she likes the sticks better than the pro’s). They both have Splatoon 2 keyboard/mouse game packs.

I’ve tried it out in the practice room and it works, but I don’t think it’s any better than motion. The combination of sticks for camera and motion for aiming is pretty much as accurate for aiming and much much more fluid for moving about the world. Even if Nintendo officially supported mouse/keyboard in Splatoon 2, I’d stick with motion and I think most of the pro players would too.

It’s at least interesting enough that I’d like to see them head to head.

Spoopz

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0778-7448-8093
And now i have run in to some legitimate hackers. Its so much fun for all four people to be continuously killed in spawn from the start of the game...
id like to think turf cause your rank isnt at stake.

NiamhNyx

Inkling
id like to think turf cause your rank isnt at stake.
Ive seen one hacker in ranked, and it was just a gear hacker.

I have run in to three types of hackers so far in turf war, the one who kept killing everyone instantly from the start of the game, a few who fly around the map the entire time (no they dont have the jet pack) and then just last game, someone who was invincible.

The flyers tend to be useless as far as i can tell cause it looks like they have a hard time splatting and inking when they are high up.
The instant kill guy was irritating as hell, 128 kills by the end of the match.
The invincible guy was only level 5 and was just going for splats instead of doing any inking, so weirdly we won that one.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I find it kind of hard to believe that you not only run into DCs in an endless stream, but also have seen a large amount of hackers already. Maybe you could post some footage?

NiamhNyx

Inkling
I find it kind of hard to believe that you not only run into DCs in an endless stream, but also have seen a large amount of hackers already. Maybe you could post some footage?
can you even record on the switch?

Also, i have had the past week off work, so i did put in a good 400+ matches already.
Out of that id say ive seen AFKS not DISCONNECTS in about 20% of them. I know they are there cause they occasionally spin or booyah.
I dont see DC's often.

I have seen a total of 4 flying hackers, 1 insta kill ****, and one invincible noob. 6 hackers.(there is a few more if you count the gear hackers, but i stopped paying attention to them.)
If that is a large amount in over 400 matches, im a the president of the US.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That is a lot, considering that most people haven't even seen a gear hacker yet.
can you even record on the switch?
The square button with the circle on it. Just hold it for a second or so.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Just played Salmon Run and had 4 rounds in a row where a teammate was idle and DC'd during the first wave....smh.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Out of that id say ive seen AFKS not DISCONNECTS in about 20% of them. I know they are there cause they occasionally spin or booyah.
If they're moving or Booyah'ing, then they can't be AFK. They're literally at the "keyboard" (controller) but probably doing something else and just poking the controller to grind their loss earnings. I don't get them that often but I do get them. And I report them every time.

maru

Inkling
I think a lot of the time it's people with bad internet connections who haven't disconnected yet. But still, it definitely is a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom