is Turf War worse for anyone else lately?

Flakes

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4832-8664-7400
I feel like I'm constabtly getting spawncamped, or my team is spawncamping the enemy. A lot of my games have been, like, 60-30 either way. It doesn't even really feel good to win and it feels horrible losing at such a huge margin because people will just NOT leave the base. It's really getting annoying as someone who just wants to chill

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Turf War as a mode heavily incentivizes turtling, generally attracts the more casual players to it over the ranked modes, and is very easy to lock out because if you manage to keep getting picks that directly leads to the enemy team being able to get less paint, and so trying to spawn camp is a viable way to win compared to the other modes where you want to push up ahead of the objective to score points and hopefully knockout to end the game right then and there, not sit there for multiple minutes snapping up players that still have spawn armor.

Its a lot more to do with the mode itself then the people playing it at any given time imo.

Flakes

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4832-8664-7400
Turf War as a mode heavily incentivizes turtling, generally attracts the more casual players to it over the ranked modes, and is very easy to lock out because if you manage to keep getting picks that directly leads to the enemy team being able to get less paint, and so trying to spawn camp is a viable way to win compared to the other modes where you want to push up ahead of the objective to score points and hopefully knockout to end the game right then and there, not sit there for multiple minutes snapping up players that still have spawn armor.

Its a lot more to do with the mode itself then the people playing it at any given time imo.
From a fundamental standpoint I can understand, especially if someone has a strong desire to win, but it's just never made much sense to me because in my eyes you win the game with 50-40 just the same as 80-20. I can get trying to solidify the win but at some point just get out of there man. At least give them a chance, yknow?

underlashes

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
I only play turf during splatfests, really, so I don't have a huge pool of games to reference but it's seemed a lot more lopsided than usual since the leader splatfest, if I had to pinpoint a time. I often find myself trying to back off the other team to let them out of their base which feels pointless because my teammates will be keeping them there anyway. But completely stomping the other team in a mode where they can't leave and we can't end the game until time runs out always feels bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom