• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I've thought of a solution to the disconnect problem

Parsnip

Inkling
Ok concede the point re the 7 number being wrong, I overlooked that, however you are now annoying 4 people rather than 3 still so actually the situation is worse. Maintain all other points, your comment about respawn time is a technicality (I understand all your comments about respawn punisher etc) the actual "respawn time" might be the same/unchanged but you have added a time out or benched time into the equation which for all practicable purposes is added respawn time.

When someone gets splatted instead of being out of the game for 10 secs. They could be out for, 20 secs, 30 secs, a minute...

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Read the rest of it.
I did read all of your post and I understand it's not one and the same person who gets solely punished for it. I used the word one in contrast to the word another.

I just don't think it's a good idea.

Reactions: the

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I still rather have an auto-boot system. Complain all you want if you're chosen, I would see it more as discipline/punishment for those who do not go easy on the opposing team with more DCs.

Parsnip

Inkling
I still rather have an auto-boot system. Complain all you want if you're chosen, I would see it more as discipline/punishment for those who do not go easy on the opposing team with more DCs.
Couldn't possibly think of a worse 'solution'.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
In a team that's currently losing? D/C with your team all at once, nobody wins! Victory!

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I think it would be bad to punish one person for playing the game just because another person has bad internet.
Not unless they are the type to not show mercy when there's disconnects.

the

Inkling Commander
Well tbh that there are players who wont hold back in case of a DC is an inevitability of the game. And I don’t think the game’s gonna be able to discriminate between ppl who would and wouldn’t do that.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
That solution just doesn't work because you're essentially punishing a completely random person for little reason. What makes that one specific person you're booting out any more or less important? That's really the issue, it discriminates for no good reason, wastes their time, wastes their effort (even more so if somebody disconnects at the tail end of a game).

Honestly find the idea I proposed earlier to both produce a similar outcome you want (creates a scenario where the teams are even), but also not discriminate any one specific player (all players can still play, but the advantaged team is placed under a tag team system preventing uneven confrontations). If somebody disconnects on one team, all players on the other team receives a minor burden, rather than throwing it all at one person and basically telling them to suck it.

Reactions: the

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I've found out some good news on this front. Apparently with update 3.0, in turf wars if your team loses a battle due to a DC, you will no longer lose freshness on your weapon. It's not a perfect solution, but I think it shows Nintendo is doing something about this issue. If nothing else, it's a step in the right direction, which is all I really wanted, probably with all the people on this board, too.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
I maintain that 5 minute bans are a slap on the wrist.

They need stiffer penalties to (1) discourage voluntary DCs and (2) encourage people to correct whatever is causing involuntary DCs on their end.

I often find myself wondering how DCs are so common in S+ (I’m not in X, but it sounds like the DC problem also exists there). How do they maintain their rank?

I’d like to see longer bans for repeat offenders and/or more significant rank meter penalties.

My proposal would be to bump the max ban up to the remainder of the map/mode rotation - which would be a 2 hour ban at worst, likely less. And/or make DCs worth two cracks of the meter bar, instead of just one crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom