Japan's Next Splatfest Announced!

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
It is grasshoppers vs ants and is based on an Aesop fable about an ant who is constantly working to prepare for the winter while the grasshopper slacks off until it's too late and comes to regret it. For Japan they related it to homework and asked people if they are like grasshoppers (haven't finished their summer homework yet) or ants (finished their homework).

Also Callie is team grasshopper and Marie is team ant.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Grasshopper just because of the top hat.

Ascen

Inkling
NNID
ascendtothetop
The Grasshopper image reminds me of Makar from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Grasshopper all the way!

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I am quite lazy (but I'm trying to stop...)
so Grasshopper

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I'd probably go grasshopper if I was in that area. I'm lazy and while I respect ants more, grasshoppers don't eat me.(though I can't say the same for my poor rosebush T.T )

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Most ants are female, so I am going where all the ladies are at.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
If grasshoppers win by popularity then the ants still have a good shot at winning (according to the Aesop fable.)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
As much as I want to be on Team Ants, I just can't seem to work up a good motivation to do much. I'll have to go with Grasshoppers.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
If the Splatfest was in a Western region we would be getting tons of Bug's Life Miiverse posts, especially in the NA region due to Pixar's location. Is Pixar big in Japan? Glad to see rival animals come back as a theme.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
If the Splatfest was in a Western region we would be getting tons of Bug's Life Miiverse posts, especially in the NA region due to Pixar's location. Is Pixar big in Japan? Glad to see rival animals come back as a theme.
I think it is, it's not Pixar, but I know that Frozen was very popular when it was released in Japan.
Took a quick look at the Japanese Splatoon splat fest community, but I didn't notice anything about A Bug's Life.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd like to go for team Ant, but I'm not in Japan :(

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Grasshopper because it's less common than an ant, and can be more elegant...

...wait what this splatfest isnt sponsored what sorcery is this whaaaa

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Team ant. Grasshoppers are little ****s who annoy you late at night with their sounds.

A bunch of them can sound alright, anyway. But alone in your house? Good luck sleeping.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Team ant. Grasshoppers are little ****s who annoy you late at night with their sounds.

A bunch of them can sound alright, anyway. But alone in your house? Good luck sleeping.
I think you are thinking of crickets. Grasshoppers make a very quiet sound and usually during the hottest part of the day.

silas

Inkling
NNID
newliefe
As much as I like Grasshoppers because they're adorable, I think I'd rather be on Team Ant after all.. ; v ;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom