• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Join The Splatoon Community Organizers

LittlestMinish

Full Squid
NNID
LittlestMinish
Hello Squids, Squidettes, Octolings, and Jebb! We would like to inform you that we are now opening Organization Team Applications. In the team we are going to be in charge of taking care of a majority of the Squid Boards Events. Whether they are 8 team tournaments, or huge leagues, we will be have part in organizing and conducting many events. We will be maintaining squad standings throughout leagues seasons, when available in-game. We will also be involved in partnering Squidboards.com with various content creators on Youtube and Twitch. We want all content creators to benefit concurrently with Squidboards in terms of views and exposure. We want the content creators to have a stress-free, accommodating atmosphere to work in which to produce excellent Nintendo-friendly Splatoon content, and for Squidboards to flourish with new and consistent membership.
Keep in mind that some of you will sometimes be put under a lot of stress, but you will have to stay diligent if you are to deem yourself fit for the role of influencing the future of Splatoon E-sports. You will be assigned to at least one project, if not more, based on what your interests and background listed in your application. Please note that joining the Team on our Teamspeak server (76.74.238.52:10907) will be pretty much required for involvement, for meeting purposes. If you would like to join the team, feel free to apply with the form that is given below. Please be as thorough as possible so that we can assess where you'd be a best fit.

Check out this post for more information on what we are trying to accomplish.

We look forward to working with many of you!

The Application - Applications closed

Thanks,
The Splatoon Community Organizer Team

(*Note: Please do feel free to leave feedback on the forum)

Last edited:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'll definitely try to apply. Let's see where we'll go from here.

Setu

What exactly is this? I think there already is a Squidboards staff. If you want to join click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QDBWXbetMn3kCtaWTUaqm8I6Mo58Qnbuet7lrzsbGa0/viewform
There is even a position available for organizing tournaments and such.

Idk why you are trying to make this look official when it seems pretty new to me. I also don't get what is up with teamspeak when skype is used much wider and is easier to use. It's not like I don't like events or anything, but the forum can probably do a fairly good job without this.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
What exactly is this? I think there already is a Squidboards staff. If you want to join click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QDBWXbetMn3kCtaWTUaqm8I6Mo58Qnbuet7lrzsbGa0/viewform
There is even a position available for organizing tournaments and such.

Idk why you are trying to make this look official when it seems pretty new to me. I also don't get what is up with teamspeak when skype is used much wider and is easier to use. It's not like I don't like events or anything, but the forum can probably do a fairly good job without this.
The team speak is just a way for all of us to communicate together and meet new people! Its a great way to make friends and organize Squad battles between another. Two members of this group (@StarForce and @Flying_Tortoise ) were also the ones to setup the squad based system that has already been successful today.

Regarding the Tournament staff application, it is just a position of moderating the tournament threads and making sure that everything is nice and friendly. We have people on our team already who have setup up tournaments for other games as well, such as sm4sh and Mario Kart 8. We want to have as many people as needed on the team so that we can create an effective way to make the squad system, and tournament system very effective, and that is what our end goal is trying to achieve. In the end we all want to have fun and we just want to give you more options to participate in.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Setu

The team speak is just a way for all of us to communicate together and meet new people! Its a great way to make friends and organize Squad battles between another. Two members of this group (@StarForce and @Flying_Tortoise ) were also the ones to setup the squad based system that has already been successful today.

Regarding the Tournament staff application, it is just a position of moderating the tournament threads and making sure that everything is nice and friendly. We have people on our team already who have setup up tournaments for other games as well, such as sm4sh and Mario Kart 8. We want to have as many people as needed on the team so that we can create an effective way to make the squad system, and tournament system very effective, and that is what our end goal is trying to achieve. In the end we all want to have fun and we just want to give you more options to participate in.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
Aaaaand what was wrong with skype? I also feel like it would be best to contact a staff member before making this official. Just because you guys may have been a part of it in mk8 and sm4sh doesn't mean that you should be entitled to do the same in Splatoon. (P.S. I'm curious what previous tournaments have been organized by this group, especially in mk8)

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Aaaaand what was wrong with skype? I also feel like it would be best to contact a staff member before making this official. Just because you guys may have been a part of it in mk8 and sm4sh doesn't mean that you should be entitled to do the same in Splatoon. (P.S. I'm curious what previous tournaments have been organized by this group, especially in mk8)
There is nothing wrong with Skype m8. We just wanted to offer more options and more possibilities for the community. And I'm not saying that we are entitled to anything, I'm just saying that there are some of us who have experience in running tournaments, and we want to help train other users how to run tournaments as well. That is one of the reasons that we started the applications.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
So we are finally launching this. I'll find TS in a while from the thread of Calling all Inklings. There's a link there. As for everyone else, we await your collaboration. Dedication and passion are sisters. We are looking for these qualities as well as knowledge on the subjects we pursue as a group for the mutual benefit of those that will work for this goal as well to you all who will receive the final product.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
We aren't trying to be Mods, that is a tall order in itself.
We are just trying to gather qualified individuals that want to see not just squidboards grow (although of course we want our home to be as big as possible and are trying to come up with ways to do just that), but Splatoon and its community grow. As a new community there are a lot of things that need to be discussed.

The TeamSpeak we are using thanks to @Shiny is not just for the this group to discuss topics but for the public to use as well. We already have a section for each Squad that has already been made in the Squads thread (they don't have to use it, but it is there if they wanted to use it for chatting about life or communicating during a match). TeamSpeak allows for better organization which is a necessity for how many topics we are going to be going over.

edit: also as LittlestMinish said
Check out this post for more information on what we are trying to accomplish.

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
Just applied

EDIT: by the way, how will we know when our applications are accepted/denied? And who is reading them?

LittlestMinish

Full Squid
NNID
LittlestMinish
Just applied

EDIT: by the way, how will we know when our applications are accepted/denied? And who is reading them?

I'm the one that's getting them at the moment. I'll share all the applicants with the group, and we'll decide on who fills the holes we have. I'll probably be the one to get in touch with new members of the team. We have a meeting today, so we may be able to come to final decisions on that. Thanks for asking Youngster, that was an important question.

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.
Applied for a Content Creator position.

I'm really glad you guys are spearheading this movement. It's not easy to create a scene from the ground up for a brand new IP. Even if I don't make it in, I will do my part to promote this game on both my Youtube channel and Twitch. Good luck to all applicants!

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I absolutely want to help build Splatoon's scene, but I need more experience with TOing. As is I guess I'm not fit to apply for that position. I've been trying to host some tournaments for a while but haven't actually done it. I'm going to college too so I doubt I'll have spare time.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Good luck with this! :D

LittlestMinish

Full Squid
NNID
LittlestMinish
Good luck with this! :D
Thanks for your support! We are making great progress given our limited resources and information on Splatoon. We are soon to make some announcements about our ideas and progress, and we'll be excited to see what the community thinks.

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
I'm not a part of any group, but I've already taken on the role of community organizer. Avylon, my company, has been running fighting game tournaments for about 3 years, and we are interested in branching out into Splatoon. I'm working with Big E Gaming to bring Splatoon 4v4 tournaments to Summer Jam in August and NEC in December. In the mean time I've also been showing off Splatoon at local events in Philadelphia, including bringing Wii Us to an event during the Global Testfire, which we recorded (link below). I'm talking to local streamers to see if we can get this game streamed at events as well. I look forward to working with the community in the future!

Global Testfire Footage: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEQHfcpwJNNp_hFqpD32h_jWLHLqiMM3S

LittlestMinish

Full Squid
NNID
LittlestMinish
I'm not a part of any group, but I've already taken on the role of community organizer. Avylon, my company, has been running fighting game tournaments for about 3 years, and we are interested in branching out into Splatoon. I'm working with Big E Gaming to bring Splatoon 4v4 tournaments to Summer Jam in August and NEC in December. In the mean time I've also been showing off Splatoon at local events in Philadelphia, including bringing Wii Us to an event during the Global Testfire, which we recorded (link below). I'm talking to local streamers to see if we can get this game streamed at events as well. I look forward to working with the community in the future!

Global Testfire Footage: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEQHfcpwJNNp_hFqpD32h_jWLHLqiMM3S
Well it is great that there are people trying to take Splatoon to that level. I hope you get that mixed into your local scene, and especially at various competitive conventions. If you ever wanted to work together on the online (Squidboard) side of things, let us know. We are always looking for more ways to best support the community.

Dubs

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dubspwns
I applied for this! I'm already planning some things with my local scene - and joining this would definitely help my efforts! Plus I think I can help you guys too. Can't wait to see Splatoon launch!

LittlestMinish

Full Squid
NNID
LittlestMinish
Alright everyone, we've closed applications and have de-listed the application. We'll be talking to the applicants we've accepted very soon. For everyone else, thank you so much for your interest. We are emboldened by your support.

Platypudding

Full Squid
Disappointed that i caught this so late. Hopefully something opens up sometime soon. I'm looking to be setting up a lot of the scene here in texas (specifically DFW) along with a decently sized group of people and a venue that's likely to be able to hold tournies. If you ever need anything out of the area I might be able to help!

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
Alright everyone, we've closed applications and have de-listed the application. We'll be talking to the applicants we've accepted very soon. For everyone else, thank you so much for your interest. We are emboldened by your support.
when do you guys think you will be done with the applications?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom