JP Splatfest #13: Tuna Mayo vs Red Salmon Onigiri (RESULTS ARE IN!)

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Brands operate differently in different countries, to adapt to their cultures. Considering how Japanese cuisine is almost entirely based on seafood, I don't think the Japanese 7-Eleven is screwing with it.
Sure, and I've never seen a Japanese 7-Eleven, but I can't help but think the whole point of the brand is really cheap, really instant (and inherently low quality) everything. American food revolves around #TeamPizza and #TeamHot Dogs and what 7/Eleven identifies as such things are questionable in nature :) Fish handled the same way what they call "pizza" is handled is unsettling.

I hope at least Slurpees are universal! The one good thing that makes 7-Eleven's reason to exist still valid. :D

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Sure, and I've never seen a Japanese 7-Eleven, but I can't help but think the whole point of the brand is really cheap, really instant (and inherently low quality) everything. American food revolves around #TeamPizza and #TeamHot Dogs and what 7/Eleven identifies as such things are questionable in nature :) Fish handled the same way what they call "pizza" is handled is unsettling.

I hope at least Slurpees are universal! The one good thing that makes 7-Eleven's reason to exist still valid. :D
I went on exchange to Japan a few years ago. The foods they sold seemed pretty similar to other convenience stores there. I think they were ok and I sometimes would buy a bento lunch from there too.

They don't have slurpees though...

sammich

Inkling Cadet
You know, knowing what 7-Eleven food is like in the States.....I'm questioning just how questionable 7-Eleven SEAFOOD must be. Let alone fermented seafood. I mean...it's 7-Eleven...you kind of assume it's fermented no matter what it is, right? :scared:
7-eleven is decent. convenient stores here are not particularly good food but it's not trash like in the states. onigiri are probably the most popular item there, too.

anyway,
i voted for salmon.
tuna mayo is alright, but i don't like how the mayo plays with the seaweed flavor whereas salmon has no flaws (though when mayo and seaweed are not combined, tuna is a much tastier fish).

Award

Well, at least it's not trash. I had a hard time picturing the prefab manufactured PlastiPizza they serve here reimagined in fish :P

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Bumping this thread to bring the results of this Splatfest!

upload_2016-4-23_22-33-56.png

Tuna Mayo just barely took this one, that's for sure. (Also, yeah, couldn't find a direct screencap to use so I had to make do with what Splatoon Nawabari had.)

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
This is the first splat fest I hadn't participated in at all... The team I would have chosen won too...

I was playing Fates and SF Zero for the most part.
Kind of wish I had done at least a few matches...

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Wow, that looks pretty close! Wonder how the matches over there were.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I played a few but wasn't incredibly invested in either team nor getting snails. (I think both onigiri flavors are fine, but I don't feel strongly enough either way to really care). I picked the salmon team.

The few matches I played were as close as the results. Neither side completely dominated the other.

The stage choices were boring though. Port, Kelp and Urchin. So much flat. So much yawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom