• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Judd the Cat...

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
The singleplayer is somewhere in the area of 30 missions long..
It's at least 45 missions long as each amiibo let's you play 15 different missions from the single-player. I'm hoping for 50 missions in total, but if it turns out that I am wrong and there are repeat missions between the amiibos and there is only 30 missions I won't be too upset.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
It's at least 45 missions long as each amiibo let's you play 15 different missions from the single-player. I'm hoping for 50 missions in total, but if it turns out that I am wrong and there are repeat missions between the amiibos and there is only 30 missions I won't be too upset.
You're assuming there's no overlap between the Amiibo. Which I'm pretty sure there is. Each one will simply give a different version of the challenge. Inkling Boy's challenges are using the roller, Inkling Girl's are using the charger, and I believe Inkling Squid's are time trials. There's no real reason they wouldn't share some, if not most of the same base missions to modify.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
You're assuming there's no overlap between the Amiibo. Which I'm pretty sure there is. Each one will simply give a different version of the challenge. Inkling Boy's challenges are using the roller, Inkling Girl's are using the charger, and I believe Inkling Squid's are time trials. There's no real reason they wouldn't share some, if not most of the same base missions to modify.
We have no proof that all of the Inkling Girl's challenges are the charger nor that there is overlap. I personally believe there will be none or little as they are probably designing these levels in a way where they could fit one challenge on. We'll see. ;)

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
We have no proof that all of the Inkling Girl's challenges are the charger nor that there is overlap. I personally believe there will be none or little as they are probably designing these levels in a way where they could fit one challenge on. We'll see. ;)
There's a GameXplain video (timestamped for your convenience) where one of the Treehouse guys is walking them through an Amiibo challenge, and throughout the round he mentions twice that Inkling Girl's challenges are all Charger-based.

And I find it kind of unlikely that all of Inkling Girl's challenges are early levels, considering her page of challenges eats up almost every mission between 1 and 30. I think it's far more likely that most missions are shared between the three Amiibo, just that each one offers a different form of challenge on the same mission.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think Judd the Cat is probably neutral. Especially seeing how every Turf War is considered between "Good" and "Evil"

Keeping with that, I wonder if like the final boss will involve the main Inkling having a "Turf War" with it. And having Judd decide the outcome. :P

Aura

Infiltrator
I don't care how dumb the story is- I'm in. Lore is my greatest desire when it comes to single player games. Look at Skyrim- that beast's jam-packed with delicious stories and history of TES series. But I'm not crossing my fingers for THAT much lore.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
I'm glad he does have a back-story. I love lore in games just as Aura does, and I don't care how silly the story of Splatoon may be, I'm going to have a blast in single-player. Warcraft has some of my favourite lore, but just as Aura said (again), I doubt Splatoon will have nearly as much lore as Warcraft or Skyrim, but I think I'm going to love it.

He's the cat who judges Turf Wars and all the online multi-player modes. ;)
Sounds like he should be called "Judge". But now I just imagine him as Judge Dredd cat. If anyone sees this post and is good with art, please make that a thing. I'll like you forever.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
the hipster anemone lady, she owns the shirt shop
Hats actually, or rather, headgear in general. Jellonzo the Jellyfish sells shirts, and Sean the Shrimp sells shoes*. The weapons vendor is Sheldon the Hermit Crab.

i just made the connection of judd and jugde as he judges the winner. :079:
...Dang it. I can't believe I missed that too! Nintendo and their pun names...

*Oh my that's hard to say...Sean the Shrimp sells shoes. Try it. Splatoon makes tongue-twisters guys :P

StarKun

Full Squid
Hats actually, or rather, headgear in general. Jellonzo the Jellyfish sells shirts, and Sean the Shrimp sells shoes*. The weapons vendor is Sheldon the Hermit Crab.

...Dang it. I can't believe I missed that too! Nintendo and their pun names...

*Oh my that's hard to say...Sean the Shrimp sells shoes. Try it. Splatoon makes tongue-twisters guys :p
Ah, right. I should know since she absolutely loves wearing stuff for that insane stinging hair

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Very interested in seeing how Judd is introduced into the single player story. I also would like to know more about those awesome shopkeepers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom