• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Just disconnected 3 times in a ROW.

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
They need to fix this connection issue, it's REALLY pissing everyone off, especially when you're having a good game and it just dc/s. Anyone else?

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
Alright, it's getting ridiculous now, I've disconnected about 20 times, haven't had a full game yet where I haven't disconnected, oh well, I guess they need to take some action and fix up the servers.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
If it's happening to you a lot then the problem may well be at your end. Have you tried restarting your router? Do you have a wired or wireless connection between the WiiU and your router? Is your internet connection also being used for bandwidth hogging activities such as downloading or streaming? Just for example, I get kicked off when my partner's email client synchronises with her various online accounts.

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
If it's happening to you a lot then the problem may well be at your end. Have you tried restarting your router? Do you have a wired or wireless connection between the WiiU and your router? Is your internet connection also being used for bandwidth hogging activities such as downloading or streaming? Just for example, I get kicked off when my partner's email client synchronises with her various online accounts.
I will try restarting my router, but nope, I'm the only one using the internet at this current moment, nothing is being downloaded, the sad thing is I'm LOSING points for disconnecting, even though we haven't even started the battle, sometimes it disconnects half way, and sometimes it disconnects at the start. I tried watching a movie from an online source and it worked just fine, no buffering or anything, which means my internet is in a good state? So I have nothing to say, really. I will restart my router right now and see if it helps.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Well, good luck! My experience has been that the connection between the WiiU and the router can be a real bottleneck, and even something as simple as moving it slightly closer can clear up big problems (or go wired).

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
Well, good luck! My experience has been that the connection between the WiiU and the router can be a real bottleneck, and even something as simple as moving it slightly closer can clear up big problems (or go wired).
Just restarted it, got online and disconnected the first game back! So much for 'fibre optic' lol, I'll see if I can hook up directly.

Damandatwin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Damandatwin
You should try to figure out if the issue is between the Wii U and the router, or between the router and your ISP. Should be easy to do, since if it's the latter you would be dropping connections on all your wireless devices. Like when you disconnect quickly try to go on the internet on your computer or something.

I've found the wireless in the Wii U to be kind of flaky too, like sometimes it will just drop the connection for seemingly no reason when everything else is fine. It definitely hasn't happened on the scale you're talking about though. If it does turn out to be a problem between the Wii U and the router I would recommend either getting a LAN adapter for your Wii U so you can bypass the wireless issue entirely, getting a new router with better range, or moving the Wii U closer to the router.

Munchy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lordmunchy
Is anyone else experiencing terrible connection issues at this current time? I've been playing regular turf war for now because i don't want to lose any points by disconnecting in ranked, really frustrated. No word on Nintendo fixing any server issues either, which is also super annoying!

Toaster

Senior Squid
Is anyone else experiencing terrible connection issues at this current time? I've been playing regular turf war for now because i don't want to lose any points by disconnecting in ranked, really frustrated. No word on Nintendo fixing any server issues either, which is also super annoying!
Well I've been having some connection issues yesterday I've disconnected five times in a row and that never happens to me but later on all of the issues just seemed to stop and I able to play as normal.

sayaka_abstergo

Inkling Bounty Hunter
NNID
sayaka_abstergo
I only have connection issues that bad during Splatfest.
Try resetting your router and checking your internet connection on your Wii U though.

Shuffl3z

Inkling
NNID
Dshuffl3z
I've read that a lot of users that are going off of Wifi are having a lot of disconnection issues, even when their router is directly next to their system.
Try going wired, it may help a lot.
Ever since I went wired, I honestly haven't disconnected once.
Just a suggestion.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've read that a lot of users that are going off of Wifi are having a lot of disconnection issues, even when their router is directly next to their system.
Try going wired, it may help a lot.
Ever since I went wired, I honestly haven't disconnected once.
Just a suggestion.
THIS. I've only ever been dropped because of ISP messups or the other players lagging out.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I haven't been disconnected since the testfire. On the other hand, lag is really common here :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom