• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Just Something I Realized

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Marie has stated many times in Splatoon that she has a firm disliking of puns, something that Callie has a fondness for. In the Splatoon, however, she uses them excessively when speaking to Agent 4, especially during the first boss battle.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this just further shows how much she misses Callie, to the point where she tries to fill the empty spaces with anything at all as long as it's a reminder of her cousin... Even if it is just puns.

Food for thought.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Defrosting Ice Queen, perhaps? :P

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Marie has stated many times in Splatoon that she has a firm disliking of puns, something that Callie has a fondness for. In the Splatoon, however, she uses them excessively when speaking to Agent 4, especially during the first boss battle.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this just further shows how much she misses Callie, to the point where she tries to fill the empty spaces with anything at all as long as it's a reminder of her cousin... Even if it is just puns.

Food for thought.
Huh...I had completely forgotten that. And while i haven't completed the full campaign yet, I did notice a ton of punnage (especially with the first boss in the game...hoo boy...).

The way it feels, she's recruited agent 4 more for than just getting the great zapfish back, that would be too simple minded. Shes a big thinker, and in the squid sister stories you could easily tell that both squid sisters missed one another. So having that now permament missing gap makes her feel like shes lost something that makes her....well, a squid sister.

Who knows, maybe her telling agent 4 all of these puns makes up for what shes missing...plus, marie was always for sass and class.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
I suppose that "Squid Sisters" roll off the tongue more easily than "Squid Cousins". Or that the name was already copyrighted in-universe, assuming copyrights do exist in the world of Splatoon.

EDIT: Though I was aware they were cousins before this thread even existed.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I suppose that "Squid Sisters" roll off the tongue more easily than "Squid Cousins". Or that the name was already copyrighted in-universe, assuming copyrights do exist in the world of Splatoon.

EDIT: Though I was aware they were cousins before this thread even existed.
Yeah, would be an odd stage name otherwise. Feels easier to remember too, IMO.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
This is a revelation to me.
One of the sunken scrolls in the first game refers to them as cousins, and it shows them as children too.
They're awfully cute... and apparently had the luxury of skipping the weird childhood stages in the Inkling development process.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
One of the sunken scrolls in the first game refers to them as cousins, and it shows them as children too.
They're awfully cute... and apparently had the luxury of skipping the weird childhood stages in the Inkling development process.
Did you see those fiveheads though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom