• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Kelp Dome fan club

What do you think of Kelp Dome

• A fun stage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A good stage

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A stage that is easy on beginners

• A stage that is good for roller mains because of its flat ground

• A stage with great news dialogue

• The best stage (the right answer)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

pio_dov

Pro Squid
There's literally an official kelp dome hate club discord server

But why don't people like this stage?

I don't know, because I almost never play Ranked and mainly play Salmon Run and Turf War. I love this stage in Turf War, get upset whenever it isn't in rotation for Turf War, and put down everything to play the game when it is. It's the only stage that I actually care about in one way or another (besides MakoMart. I hate that stage with every bone in my body but respect people who disagree... to some extent).

So, because there's a discord server against it, I'm creating a Squidboards topic for it. This topic is for pro-Kelp Dome discussion only and is for us to share our favorite memories of the stage, why we love it, fanart of it, reasons why it should return, and more.

Enjoy, and welcome to the Kelp Dome fan club.

nauti

Inkling
NNID
YeltonLongNose
Switch Friend Code
SW-2741-1401-6436
Kelp Dome has a confusing layout, I've heard. I can sorta agree, I do enjoy Kelp Dome despite popular opinion. It's ok to me, I don't mind it. I've been playing ranked and it's definitely best in Splat Zones or Tower Control. IDK about Clam Blitz, as I don't have a switch.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
But why don't people like this stage?
People do like Kelp Dome . . . at least in Splatoon 1 as it was voted for in the final splatfest.

To be a little more serious and answer the question. I can only speak for myself here as I'm not entirely sure what others don't like about it (I don't hate kelp, but I'd rather play most other stages). The best way I would describe Kelp is "awkward." I find that the stage bottlenecks you into specific parts of the map and if players are paying attention to those chokes it can be hard to push. And unlike Splat1 you cannot use your special to brute force your way through. It almost feels like most specials in Splat2 just do not jive well with Kelp Dome. I wish I could articulate better but it always just feels off to play the stage no matter the mode at hand. At least in Splat2, it feels just fine in Splat1 imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom