• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Kingdom Hearts: Re:Squid

Which are your favourite games in the series ?

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts II

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: coded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
10d462af-4f91-5bcd-217e-2e55c37b02d2-banner.jpg

I've always wanted to make this. So here it is.

Discuss all things related to the Kingdom Hearts series.

Kingdom Hearts (キングダム ハーツ Kingudamu Hātsu?) is a series of crossover action role-playing games developed and published by Square Enix (originally by Square). It is a collaboration between Square Enix and Disney Interactive Studios, and is under the direction of Tetsuya Nomura, a longtime Square Enix character designer. Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of various Disney settings based in a universe made specifically for the series. The series centers on the main character Sora and his search for his friends and encounters with Disney, Final Fantasy, and The World Ends with You characters on their worlds.

The series consists of seven games across multiple video game consoles, and future titles are planned. Most of the games in the series have been both critically acclaimed and commercially successful, though each title has seen varying levels of success. As of October 2013, the Kingdom Hearts series has sold over 20 million copies worldwide.[1] A wide variety of related merchandise has been released along with the games, including soundtracks, figurines, companion books, novels, and manga series.

Source: Wikipedia.

For anyone that has missed a game, here's a simple explanation. It started with Terra, Ven, Aqua, and Master Xehanort. Master Xehanort split Ven's heart that was one half pure light and one half pure dark, extracting the darkness to create Vanitas. They are then seperate beings, but still connected. Throughout BBS, Xehanort's two goals were to make Ven and Vanitas fight to summon the x-blade, which he would then use to unlock a door to Kingdom Hearts and incite another Keyblade War, giving him answers to his questions about light and darkness, and recreating the worlds in a more perfect balance of light and dark, and to set up Terra to fall to the darkness so Xehanort could take over Terra's body to have a more youthful form and live on longer. Xehanort succeeded in taking Terra's body, and somewhat succeeded in forming the x-blade. It was temporarily formed, but then shattered. Ven went into a coma-like state, and his heart was searching for a place to take refuge. Sora's heart welcomed it in like it had as a newborn, only this time to permanently stay until it could return to Ven's body. Aqua turns the Land of Departure into Castle Oblivion and hides Ven's body away in there fore safekeeping, before taking on Terranort. She is able to subdue him, but then they both get sucked into the darkness, and Aqua sacrifices a keyblade and her armor to send Terranort back to the Realm of Light while she ends up in the Realm of Darkness. Terranort no longer has his memory, and is taken in by Ansem the Wise (AtW hereonout) as an apprentice, while Aqua wanders the Realm of Darkness to find a way out to save her friends.

Between BBS and KH1, Terranort learns more of the Heartless and Nobodies, and recruits some of AtW's other apprentices to follow him, and even recruits some others from Radiant Gardens such as Braig, and turns them and others, such as Isa and Lea, into Heartless and Nobodies, in an attempt to make 13 vessels of Darkness for the purpose of recreating the x-blade. Thus, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness is born and Xemnas too, as Terranort takes Ansem's name.

Up next, Kingdom Hearts 1 and Chain of Memories.

Kingdom Hearts 1 starts, and as Destiny Islands is being consumed by the darkness, Riku is the true Keyblade wielder. Sora is able to touch it though, and as Riku lets his heart be consumed by the darkness. The Keyblade goes to Sora because of this, and since Sora is a potential Keyblade wielder too. As Sora goes across the worlds, looking for Kairi and Riku, he also meets some of the Princesses of Light/Heart, but they are kidnapped by Maleficent's group, truly led by Ansem, SoD. Riku knows where Kairi is, as Maleficent has possession of her, but he does not know why she won't awaken. This is due to Kairi's heart going into Sora's when Destiny Islands was being consumed. When Sora, Goofy, and Donald arrive at Hollow Bastion, a version of Radiant Garden polluted by darkness, Riku finally takes possession of the Keyblade back, and Donald and Goofy have to chase after him as Mickey said to follow the one who wields the key. Sora pursues them, and when he encounters them all in the castle, he shows how strong his heart is, and the Keyblade goes back to Sora as the real master of it this time. He eventually reaches the Grand Hall, where he finds Riku with Kairi's comatose body. He fights Riku, who is possessed by Ansem, SoD, and defeats him. Sora then "stabs" his own heart with the Keyblade after finding out Kairi's heart is in his, which brings Kairi back. But, since he used the Keyblade on himself, it turns him into a Heartless, and creates a Nobody at the same time. But, since he has such a strong heart, and actually has two hearts, his and Ven's, his heart remains in his Hearless and Ven's heart goes into Sora's Nobody, Roxas. Heartless Sora chases after Kairi, Donald, and Goofy, and as Kairi and Heartless Sora are swarmed by Heartless, Kairi protects Sora and her heart calling out to his brings his heart back to the surface, returning him to his normal self. After sealing the keyhole at Hollow Bastion, Sora reaches the End of the World, which is essentially a heartless version of all the worlds consumed by darkness. Here he makes it to the remains of Destiny Islands, where he starts the final fight against Ansem, SoD. Ansem is able to open the door to Kingdom Hearts, but is destroyed by the pure light. What Ansem really opened was the door to the Realm of Darkness, and on the other side are a now good Riku, and Mickey. They assist Sora, Donald, and Goofy close the door to keep Heartless from getting out, and just as Sora and Kairi are about to return to Destiny Islands, they get torn apart, and Sora is left wandering to find Riku, Kairi, and Mickey.

In Chain of Memories, it is mostly used as a means to introduce Namine, some of the Organization, and DiZ. As Sora, Donald, and Goofy make their way through Castle Oblivion, a girl named Namine is slowly replacing Sora's memories of Kairi with memories of herself. At the end of the game, Sora has to fight for his life and Namine's freedom. Riku's side of the story involves him going up through the basement levels, and his struggle to control the darkness within him, meeting DiZ along the way.

Next, 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts 2.

In 358/2 Days, it chronicles Roxas's days in the Organization. Here, we see more of the day to day life and politics, and the unrest between members. Xion is introduced, who is an imperfect replica of Roxas created by Vexen under orders from Xemnas, in case Sora is of no use, she can be used in his place. However, as Namine is fixing Sora's memories, enough of Sora leaks over into Roxas that Xion resembles Sora more than Kairi. In the end, Roxas has to defeat Xion, who he absorbs, which halts the process of Sora regaining his memories, and giving Roxas the ability to wield both his keyblade (from Ven's heart) and Xion's keyblade (from Sora). Roxas ends up fighting Riku. Riku subdues him, and places him in the virtual Twilight Town, which leads directly into the beginning of KH2.

In KH2, it starts with Roxas, who eventually willingly lets himself be absorbed by Sora to awaken him. Then, Sora, Donald, and Goofy have to travel among the worlds to protect them from the Heartless, Nobodies, and Organization XIII. Along the way, Xemnas reveals that Organization XIII is attempting to open a doorway to Kingdom Hearts so that all the Nobodies can get their hearts back. Eventually Sora and co. make it to the World That Never Was, and along the way to fighting Xemnas, defeat more of the Organization, meet up with Riku, who looks like Ansem, SoD, and Kairi, and find out that Roxas and Namine are the Nobodies of Sora and Kairi, respectively. Eventually, Sora gets trapped in Betwixt and Between, swarmed by Nobodies, but Axel puts his entire being into one attack to take out all the Nobodies, to protect Roxas by protecting Sora. Sora and Riku get to the top of the castle in TWTNW, and the final battle ensues with Xemnas in the realm of nothingness, only with Sora and Riku, as his normal self, fighting. Sora and Riku eventually defeat him, but are stuck in the Realm of Darkness on a shore. They eventually find a letter in a bottle from Kairi, and through the strength of all their hearts, are able to return to Destiny Islands.

Finally, the last part will be Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance

The only real important things in Re:Coded are the fact that Sora is revealed to be the key to bringing back Roxas, Xion, Namine, Terra, Ven, and Aqua. Also, at the very end, Yen Sid reveals that Terranort will be coming back, since Sora defeated his Heartless and Nobody in the correct order, and tells Mickey to get Sora and Riku so they can take the Mark of Mastery exam.

The Mark of Mastery exam occurs in KH:3D, and during this, Riku and Sora are sent, seperately, to worlds that had been destroyed by the Heartless, but restored and now in a state of deep sleep, disconnected from the rest of the worlds. Sora ends up meeting Xemnas, the resurrected Terranort, and a younger version of Master Xehanort from an alternate past. They reveal that Organization XIII was intended to be a way for Xehanort to use them as vessels to place a piece of his heart inside each of them, turning them into "clones" of him. He would then use them all to fight the seven Guardians of Light, and recreate the x-blade. Sora is forced into a comatose state and is "consumed" by darkness, but because of Ven being in his heart, Ven's armor protects Sora from being completely consumed. Xehanort plans on using Sora as his final vessel, but Riku arrives to save Sora. As Riku is put on the defensive by Xehanort and the 11 vessels, suddenly Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea (who is Axel's Somebody, as Axel's Heartless must have been defeated before Axel sacrificed himself) appear, and help Riku take Sora to safety. Back at Yen Sid's tower, Riku goes into Sora's heart to awaken Sora, who is trapped inside Ven's armor and possessed by a Nightmare. He succeeds and brings Sora back. However, only Riku is named a Keyblade Master, as Sora fell to the darkness during the exam. Sora goes off to continue to train until the time of the final battle, and visits the Dream Eaters he met in Traverse Town. During his big moment of happiness, we see Ven's body in Castle Oblivion smile. In the secret ending, Yen Sid says they need to gather seven Keyblade wielders to fight, as otherwise the Organization could use the defenseless Princesses of Light. He asks Riku to go get Kairi, as she can wield a Keyblade from accidentally touching Aqua's when they met once in BBS. This leads up to Kingdom Hearts 3.

This is the story in its simplest form.

Last edited:

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Can't wait to hear more on KH3.
Yeah, me too. Hopefully we'll get more info this E3. But they did confirm the game is going to show up at D3 later this year.

Besides that, what do you think of the thread ?

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Yeah, me too. Hopefully we'll get more info this E3. But they did confirm the game is going to show up at D3 later this year.

Besides that, what do you think of the thread ?
Looks good. Needs more users though.

TaizerBeam

Inkling
Honest confession: Never beat KH1. I as young and got stuck near the end of the game. Never hwent back though I know how it ends and I've beaten KH2 + Birth by sleep.
I really enjoyed Birth By Sleep overall though.

Terra's story hit me the hardest. He couldn't catch a break but kept fighting.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Honest confession: Never beat KH1. I as young and got stuck near the end of the game. Never hwent back though I know how it ends and I've beaten KH2 + Birth by sleep.

I haven't beaten KH 1 as a kid. Hollow Bastion scared me from playing it. Especially the Defender heartless. Birth by Sleep is really good. I liked it because of how all their stories are intertwined. I also liked all of the secret bosses that are in that game. All of them really challenging.

TaizerBeam

Inkling
I haven't beaten KH 1 as a kid. Hollow Bastion scared me from playing it. Especially the Defender heartless. Birth by Sleep is really good. I liked it because of how all their stories are intertwined. I also liked all of the secret bosses that are in that game. All of them really challenging.
I remember nobodies scared the ink out of me. Something in the way they move. Really pumped for the 3rd as I want to see how this story ends and how everything gets resolved.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I remember nobodies scared the ink out of me. Something in the way they move. Really pumped for the 3rd as I want to see how this story ends and how everything gets resolved.
I can see that. But I managed to finish it when I was a bit older. KH 3 will be the only game I'll get the PS 4 for. I'm really exited for it. Hopefully, we'll see it during E3.

Last edited:

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite

Yep BBS was my favourite out of the series and Terra is also my favourite character even though he was pretty stupid some times

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
I can see that. But I managed to finish it when I was a bit older. KH 3 will be the only game I'll get the PS 4 for. I'm really exited for it. Hopefully, we'll see it during E3.
Me too I also hope they improve combat system in some way

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
If not shown at E3, we have a better chance seeing it at TGS. And if it's not shown at TGS, we go back to square one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom